Anne Louise Terry MFHT, MNGH, CH, BA, PGCE
01736 793096 / 07397 189669
I feel passionate about Hypnotherapy and hope to 'spread the word' about how very beneficial it can be. I have a very down to earth and practical approach to hypnotherapy, I know it works; and if it worked for me it can work for you too. It is empowering to know that you can be in control of your life, your emotions and fears, even your physical health, simply by changing the way you think.
My specialist area using hypnosis is anxiety, especially with exam / performance anxiety. I suffered from anxiety from a very young age; it really blighted my early life. Hypnotherapy was the only thing that successfully enabled me to overcome this very debilitating condition.
I taught in schools and colleges for over thirty years, and have witnessed over and over again the fear and distress experienced by many students facing tests and exams. When I was teaching, I was so aware of students who produced wonderful work in class and who then absolutely fell to pieces once faced with an exam. This is especially difficult now that there is no longer any coursework in GCSEs but all end of year exams.
Your sessions will include elements of CBT and NLP together with suggestion therapy. These techniques can help you overcome fear or habits that may be holding you back, or help you be more motivated and focused, improving performance at work, sports or life in general. I also teach my clients self-hypnosis, as this helps put you in control of your emotions, fears and beliefs.
Hypnosis is about putting you back in control of your thoughts, emotions and ultimately, your life.
You are welcome to contact me with any questions, and to discuss how I may be able to help you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- NGH Certified Hypnotherapist Diploma (HypnoTC Training Company)
- LCCH Clinical Hypnosis, Certificate Level( London College of Clinical Hypnosis)
- Member of the National Guild of Hypnotherapists
- Member of the Federation of Holistic Therapists
- Reflexology, Aromatherapy, Swedish Massage , Anatomy and Physiology (ITEC)
- BA Joint Hons (English and History); University of Roehampton
- PGCE; North East London Polytechnic
- Full Public Liability Insurance
I developed an interest in Hypnotherapy many years ago and trained with the London College of Clinical Hypnosis. I used it successfully on myself when giving birth to my children, and I decided to obtain further training with the HypnoTC Training Company under the guidance of the very well respected Dr Kate Beavan-Marks.
The NGH Hypnotherapy Certificate is internationally recognised and the course has been externally assessed and accredited at Practitioner Level by the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (UK) to Accredited Practitioner Diploma level with the British Institute of Hypnotherapy & NLP (BIH) and further accredited by the Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT).
I take part in continuing professional development and supervision. You can therefore be assured that the sessions are professional, confidential and of a high standard. I also hold a current DBS.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
- First session £65. Subsequent sessions £60
- Phobias ( 2 hour session): £110
- Smoking cessation priced individually
Appointments by arrangement to suit your lifestyle. Online sessions also available.