Andrew Turnbull - BA (Hons), PGCE (QTS), NLP Master Practitioner, CHP(NC)
I understand that most people get stuck at some point in their life.
This may be a sense of going round in circles with the same unhelpful anxieties, fears, phobia or panic; it may be feelings of hopelessness or overwhelm. For others, progress in life is disturbed with unwanted habits and addictions.
Making sense of the wide variety of therapists' qualifications and styles of therapy can add to the confusion. When this happens, I understand you can feel frustrated, worried and tempted to avoid taking the first step to resolving it.
Whilst your friends and family may have good intentions towards you, they may not have the skills to help you with your issue. Many of our thoughts, beliefs, and emotions remain outside our conscious awareness, just as most of an iceberg hides unseen until one sees beneath the surface, where the solutions can be found.
As a fully qualified, accredited and award-winning therapist, I will work with you to successfully identify and transform unhelpful thoughts, feelings, and behaviours.
I can help you to be the hero in your life story again
I became a hypnotherapist, psychotherapist and coach to help you access your hidden resources and guide you towards making successful changes.
Nothing is more important than your happiness and peace of mind. I understand this personally, having made that journey myself.
From a background of teaching and managing student support, I chose to add to my 21 years of professional experience and became a full-time therapist. I combine extensive training and qualifications at Masters level in Hypnotherapy, Psychotherapy and NLP coaching.
Therapy allows you to benefit from the comprehensive skill-set I acquired before becoming your therapist. I would be delighted to work with you and design a personalised therapy plan to help you overcome your current challenges.
Imagine a confidential counselling relationship in which you were truly listened to and you felt heard, understood and accepted.
For three decades, I have researched and honed the psychological tools you need to resolve this and design the life you’ve always longed for, so I would warmly encourage you to take that first uncertain step with a sense of hope and curiosity.
Do you worry about worrying too much?
I specialise in anxiety and panic disorder issues, and can guide interested clients to understand their personality type in relation to others, though I can help you with a much wider range of problems.
Give me a call or email to see how I can help
Join the number of delighted clients who contacted Cheadle Therapy and learnt how to be happy and genuinely confident. The critical voices we’ve picked up on life’s journey shouldn’t and don’t need to limit your happiness and future success. You only live once.
To agree an appointment time, please click through to my website or contact me confidentially by phone or email. Sessions are available in daytimes, evenings and weekends, to suit you.
I look forward to working with you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Applied Human Communication
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) with Qualified Teacher Status for 11-18yr olds and adults: Social Sciences
- Master Practitioner in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Assistant Trainer
- Certificate in Hypno-Psychotherapy (National College) with Distinction. In addition to achieving the CHP(NC), I have subsequently attended a further course of psychotherapy weekends at Diploma level and practice as an Integrative, Solution-Focused therapist.
- Jon Beilby Award (2017): National College of Hypnosis & Psychotherapy
- Member of the National Society of Hypnosis, Psychotherapy and Mindfulness
- CNHC accredited and registered member*
* The Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) was set up by the government to protect the public by providing a UK register of professionally trained and fully insured healthcare professionals.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Male sexual problems *
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- anxious or negative self-talk
- exam worries
- excessive worrying
- goal achievement in career, education or sport
- guilt or shame issues
- identity issues
- lack of meaning or life-purpose
- limiting beliefs
- personal or social inhibition/shyness
- recurrent thinking or rumination
- relaxation and Self-Hypnosis
- self-acceptance issues
- withheld feelings
Photos & videos
Sessions last a minimum of 75 minutes and are designed with the needs and preferences of each individual client.
The fee of £70 is payable at the end of each session, and can be paid by debit or credit card, PayPal, cheque, or cash.
Should you wish to make an appointment or ask any questions, then please do not hesitate to phone or email me.
You don’t need to travel a long way to get some perspective and think things through. Cheadle Therapy can help you relax, reflect and regain control.
Cheadle Therapy is a discreet, confidential service
In line with many other professional and ethical therapists, Cheadle Therapy does not publish testimonials or quotes from grateful clients on the Hypnotherapy Directory or my website.
The Advertising Standards Authority requires that, if requested, the personal details of people providing testimonials should be made available. This would be a breach of confidentiality for my clients.
Please be aware that it is very difficult for therapists who do use testimonials to prove that they are genuine. Testimonials have been known to be fabricated. It is for these reasons that the National College for Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy (NCHP) and the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) strongly discourage their use by accredited therapists in their ethical codes of conduct. UKCP is widely recognised as the Gold Standard for Psychotherapists.
Cheadle Therapy does benefit from numerous recommendations and local referrals that are more trustworthy to potential clients than reading testimonials.
Type of session
I am happy to arrange a home visit for clients with mobility issues at no additional charge or we can conduct therapy online. There is a small step from the driveway into my therapy practice though all clients are seen at ground floor level.
Appointment times are flexible including daytime, evenings and weekends to suit you.