Hi I am Amy, a Solution Focused Hypnotherapist based in the Kingsbridge area. It’s amazing how the brain works and what we can do to ourselves without realising it. My own personal experiences have given me a passion to use my skills to help people to empower themselves to achieve their own goals and to live their life to the fullest. I know how positively it has changed my life, not only for me but for my family and I am keen to help people achieve the same.
What is Solution Focused Hypnotherapy?
Solution Focused Hypnotherapy uses the latest Neuroscience, NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) skills to better understand our brains and how they work. By focusing on what we want and the positive aspects of life rather than the issues, and using the power of natural trance we are able to change thought patterns and behaviours in our subconscious. By doing we are able to assist people in making significant positive and beneficial changes within a relatively short period of time.
During our time together in each session we will take the time to understand how the brain works and talk through what you want going forward, focusing on the positive aspect of your life.
The Key is for you to truly want to make the change as when you are committed to making the change Hypnotherapy will help you succeed.
What Clients Say.
- "I visited Amy over a period of 3 months for various stress related problems, her approach is calming and understanding. I felt completely at ease with Amy and could express my feelings openly with her, gaining even more trust over time. I did as she advised and after a while learnt to relax with my recording every evening, the Hypnosis it's self was relaxing and at no point did I feel unsure. I thoroughly recommend Amy, and I feel confident now in my thoughts and actions."
- "Amy worked with our young daughter for a little over three months and, as a result, our previously anxious little girl now no longer suffers panic attacks and is equipped to face situations that would previously have overwhelmed her. Over the course of weekly one-to-one sessions, Amy's technique, explanations and positive approach engaged our daughter to encourage a new found confidence and increased happiness that we are so very grateful for."
- "I now feel much stronger and more in control because of what I have learned from Amy & the sessions help to keep myself calm and positively focused no matter how difficult life gets. I cannot thank Amy enough for all her help & would highly recommend her."
Training, qualifications & experience
I trained with the renowned Clifton Practice in Bristol, and was awarded the DSFH diploma. I am experienced in seeing clients with a wide range of aims and concerns.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Male sexual problems *
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Stress *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
I offer a free initial consultation. During this time we can talk about what you are seeking help for, and how hypnotherapy would be able to help. Most of all, it gives you an opportunity to meet with me and decide whether I am the right person for you.
Sessions are £60 per session.
They approximately last 60 minutes and are usually a week apart. The number of sessions required can vary according to each individual and what we are working to achieve.
I am situated in the village of Chillington, Kingsbridge not far from A376. There is free parking outside my practice. Due to the nature of Hypnotherapy, I have the flexibility of working on Skype, with the same success as my face to face clients.
Type of session
Monday - Friday 9am until 5pm. Evening appointments Available on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday