Amy Devine-Devereux. Dip Hyp, MHS (Accred), IEMT, CHPM, CNHC reg, Dip HE Nursing
East Riding Of Yorkshire
Hello! I am an experienced clinical hypnotherapist ready to help you in making the changes you wish to make...
I use a combination of some of the different types of hypnotherapy in my work depending on what it is you would like help with.
In hypnotherapy I begin by working with you to establish:
- If there is a root cause to your situation and associated feelings
- A specific plan of treatment tailored to suit your situation, needs and goals
I follow this with:
- Working with you in letting go of unhelpful thoughts, beliefs and behaviours that you no longer wish to hold onto (mainly through hypnosis)
- Helping you to move forward with the use of positive suggestions and techniques that effectively influence the subconscious mind (based on realistic goals you confidently wish for in your present and future)
Hypnotherapy does require dedication on your part in helping to bring about the positive changes you desire. Changes can be quickly earned or may take a little longer depending on what it is you are seeking help for and also the amount of sessions advised.
I have experience of having helped many clients with a variety of different problems and conditions. Below are a list of some of the more common ones (for a full list see below)...
- Anxiety (including panic attacks)
- Addiction to food
- Self - esteem and individual areas of confidence
- Habits (nail biting and many others)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Nerves (exams, driving tests, public speaking & many more)
- Pain management (short and long - term pain)
- Relaxation (for when clients wish to maintain a sense of well -being)
- Stress (short and long - term)
- Weight loss/management
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
As a therapist I am down to earth, welcoming and honest and this is seen in my work. I maintain confidentiality and my therapy room provides a space for you to relax and unwind in. I am located in the village of Middleton on the Wolds, close to the towns of Driffield, Market Weighton, Pocklington and Beverley.
Training, qualifications & experience
As well as experience in hypnotherapy, I also hold relevant qualifications essential to my work:
- A Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling skills (qualified from Chrysalis in 2015)
- A background in Adult Nursing (qualified from the University of York in 2005)
- A Certificate in Counselling Skills (qualified from York College in 2008)
- Certificate in Hypnotherapy for Pain Management (Awarded by Holly Wincote Hypnotherapy in 2017)
- I am also an Integral Eye Movement Therapy Practitioner, where I am a member of The Association of IEMT Practitioners.
As a practising therapist I ensure my professional development is maintained through having regular supervision with a senior clinical hypnotherapist and attending relevant training days.
I am also a member of the National Hypnotherapy Society (HS) and the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) so follow a set code of ethics within my work.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Under the GDPR (2018) should anyone enquiring about hypnotherapy via myself wish to have messages and emails deleted after a conversation has finished, please specify. Otherwise I would automatically endeavour to delete all messages on a monthly basis and would only use an email address or telephone number provided by yourselves to reply.
Looking for the right therapist to help you with your situation is really important, so I offer a free telephone consultation (up to 30 minutes) so you have the opportunity to have a chat about your current situation and decide if you would like to proceed in booking your first appointment.
- Each session of hypnotherapy is priced at £50.00 and last 1 hour.
- £25.00 for each session if you are currently receiving the following benefits as your main source of income and working less than 16 hours a week:
Carers Allowance, ESA (replacing Incapacity Benefit), DLA, War Disablement Pension, Income Tax Support and Job Seekers Allowance. I would request evidence prior to the sessions beginning.
- For the quitting smoking package please consult me for further details.
If you have any further questions regarding any of the above please feel free to message me.
"My experience of hypnotherapy was a positive one. The feelings experienced are of pure relaxation in a safe environment. After the first session I noticed how my current eating habits had changed and how I was making the changes without any real conscious effort to do so" (Anonymous)
"Amy helped me in many ways to get back to my old self again. If I need to go and see her again I would definitely go. A really lovely person. Thank you Amy" (Elaine)
Fear of flying:
"Amy was very welcoming and put me at ease quickly. The service provided was very professional and Amy helped me to develop techniques to calm myself and remain in control of my fear of flying" (Kate)
Anxiety and insomnia:
"I have a history of anxiety and insomnia dating back forty years. Having tried countless remedies both medical and complimentary, I had more or less resigned myself to the fact that I had simply forgotten how to sleep. In the past I had tried a few hypnotherapists with negative results. Amy's approach was different and I was pleased to note - no irritating CD's to be played at bedtime. Her techniques are different and really worked for me. A big thank you to Amy for helping me feel good again. I can deal with my anxiety and my sleep is better than it has been for years. I would absolutely recommend Amy to anyone with sleep or anxiety problems" (Stephanie)
"I didn't think hypnotherapy was going to work for me but it really has. I've become a more confident person and haven't had as many IBS flare ups. Amy was kind, caring and she listened. She had a calming voice and made me feel comfortable". (Abi)
|Other languages:||None, only English|
I offer hypnotherapy sessions Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 10am - 6pm and I also offer appointments on the occasional Saturday.