Alison Shepherd. Dip Hyp CS Dip PC MHS
10 Allison Avenue
Alison has over 20 years of experience, working with psychological and emotional conditions, as a hypnotherapist and also while working as a mental health nurse, for the NHS. Some of the things people come to see her about include, anxiety, phobias, addictions, physical conditions, low self esteem and confidence. Alison can also help you with relationship problems, life transitions and many other issues.
Alison's training in hypnoanalysis means she can help you to resolve psychological and emotional symptoms, which may originate in your childhood.
Alison aims to create an environment to suit your individual needs and personality.
Hypnotherapy communicates with your subconscious mind, which is where over 90% of behaviour is motivated. This means it can be far more effective than working on the conscious level alone.
Alison also provides psychotherapeutic counselling, for problems which may require a deeper understanding of yourself and your life experience. She uses a range of therapeutic models and techniques which suit the individual needs of her clients.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 15 years experience working in the NHS, as a Mental Health Nurse. 1985 to 2000
- Certificate in Biodynamic Psychology and Psychotherapy. 3 years. GBI London.
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills. 2011. Chrysalis Courses.
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling 2013
- Practical Analysis and regression Therapy. 2016.10 week course, with EICH
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder. EICH course, March 2016
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
- Hypnotherapy treatment: £50 per treatment.
- Stop smoking: £60 per treatment. ( 2 sessions).
- Psychotherapeutic counselling: £50 for 1 hour.
"I saw Alison for several sessions following a terrible break-up that left me in a state of despair and with extremely low self-esteem. Each session resulted in a huge step forward for my recovery and I felt I could see and understand things clearer. By the time the treatment was finished my self-esteem and self-confidence were higher than they have been in a long time and my ex is a distant memory. Alison used a traditional counselling combined with targeted hypnotherapy - this proved to be a powerful combination which gave fast and profound results. I would highly recommend her services to all"
"Alison has become a good friend over the past few years and I would not hesitate to recommend her as both a hypnotherapist and counselor. She is compassionate, understanding, gentle and a true professional."
Tuesday to Thursday 9.30 to 6pm.