Over the past 30 years, I have worked within youth services, drug and alcohol rehabilitation programmes, adult mental health services and schools. My training and experience of working alongside both adults and children have motivated a strongly held commitment to work to help improve people’s sense of wellbeing and support their goals of change.
I like to work in a solution-focused way in order to facilitate the changes you want in your life.
The mind-body link and holistic approach is well evidenced and researched. As a wellbeing practitioner, I steer away from the ‘one-size-fits-all therapy’ and instead, prefer to work by integrating different therapeutic approaches to create a personalised treatment plan that helps you to achieve your goals and find your way to wellbeing.
I draw predominantly upon counselling techniques, hypnotherapy, NLP and a psychotherapeutic approach called Brain Working Recursive Therapy (BWRT).
I can help you overcome many issues but my areas of specialism are:
- Fears and phobias
- Lack of confidence and low self-esteem
- Weight reduction
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Applied Social Studies & CQSW
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- Licensed NLP Practitioner
- RSA Certified Counselling Skills and Theory
- BWRT practitioner -Level 1
- Ongoing Continued Professional Development in therapeutic approaches
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Sleep disorders *
- Stress *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
£55 per hourly session
Type of session
Friday's and mid-week evenings by arrangement