I am a professional Clinical Hypnotherapist & Senior Accredited Counsellor with over 15 years of experience working in the healthcare sector. I am also a clinical supervisor working with counsellors, students and specialist nurses.
My core values are compassion, ethical and professional practice and a real desire to help people reach their potential.
Many of the people who come to me for help struggle with personal worries and concerns that stop them from living happy & fulfilled lives. Anxiety and depression are common problems and can massively affect self-confidence and self-esteem, which in turn affects relationships, work and happiness. Fears and phobias can be crippling and impact on health.
I am trained in several approaches -
Hypnotherapy - helps with a wide range of issues - weight loss, giving up smoking, anxiety, stress, trauma, pain, fears & phobias e.g dentists, flying, exam nerves and public speaking. (fees for hypnotherapy are from £60).
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) - helps with reframing old patterns of thinking and behaviour, it's particularly helpful for trauma, confidence and fears.
- CBT - this approach looks at how your thoughts affect your feeling and how this then affects your behaviour. (This approach is recommended by NICE guidelines for depression).
- Person Centred - this therapy help you to get in touch with your feelings and can be powerful in helping with self-development and understanding yourself; working through your issues.
- our first session will be an assessment and together we will agree a personally tailored plan, perhaps using a combination of interventions. Effective therapy usually takes several sessions and the willingness for you to engage.
- Therapy is confidential unless there is a safeguarding concern.
- Parking is off road and totally private.
Training, qualifications & experience
- University of Salford - Post Grad Cert CBT
- University of Salford - PGDip/MSc in Counselling & Psychotherapy (Professional Training)
- University of Salford - Diploma in Counselling
- Central Academy of Clinical Hypnosis and NLP - Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis
- The University of Chester - Post Grad Cert in Clinical Supervision.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Stress *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- General anxiety
£60 per session
Stop smoking is a £199.00 one off fee, please call for more details.
Weight management is a 4-6 session protocol £300
Home visits by arrangement
Flexible appointment times are available for evenings, mornings and weekends.
Ground floor consultation room, very private , discreet parking
Evening and Saturday appointments available