Hypnotherapy for a positive mindset
Regrets, I’ve had a few…
Are you a “glass half empty” or “a glass half full”?
Some people spend their whole life regretting what could have been, what should have been, what went wrong, what bad luck they had - when the only person they have to blame is actually themselves and their negative attitude.
You will all have heard those sayings: "If you always do what you've always done then you'll get exactly the same results" and also "If you want to be successful then surround yourself with successful people"... and they are so true!
However, knowing what you need to do, and actually doing it, are two very different things. The solution for some people when faced with a need to change is simply to try, fail and give up - but a skilled hypnotherapist can help you to change your mindset, to take a more positive view of yourself and life in general.
The hypnotherapist will take a detailed history and also be interested in how you would view success e.g. How will you know when this therapy has been successful? What will be different?
Therapy may include work on self-esteem, target setting or visualising success in a variety of situations. You may also revisit events from your past and learn how to change your relationship with those events.
Changing your mindset probably won’t happen overnight; the hypnotherapist will tailor the sessions to suit you, your life experience and your personality and will review progress and adapt therapy as required.
Alongside the actual hypnotherapy sessions you might also be encouraged to do all or some of the following:
- Celebrate even the smallest success and actively work on positive language patterns. Buy yourself a new notebook and note down three things each day which have made you smile. Read through it on a regular basis.
- Speak in the positive e.g. rather than saying "I want to be a successful writer by Christmas" use "I am a successful writer". Really mean what you say.
- Avoid using "try" e.g. I am going to try to eat healthily".
- If you "try", the implication is that you may not succeed.
In addition to the words you use it is also really important that you act as someone who is positive and successful so:
- SMILE! This instils an air of confidence in you and makes others feel more positive towards you.
- LISTEN! Be a good listener; remember that you have two ears and one mouth so make sure that you listen twice as much as you use your mouth.
- ACT! Play a role, even if it is not yet who you are. If you want others to see you as a successful salesperson then dress, act and speak like a successful salesperson.
Give generously of your time without expecting anything in return; you will reap the rewards. Hypnotherapy can help you change your mindset so that you can be the you that you want to be...
Hypnotherapy Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
About Anne Marie Stagg
Anne Marie is a clinical hypnotherapist based in Hull, East Yorkshire. With a special interest in stress and confidence Anne Marie sees clients age eight upwards from across East Yorkshire for a wide range of issues which in recent months has included smoking cessation, weight loss, nail biting, white coat hypertension and study skills.