How hypnotherapy helps you to lose weight
Hypnosis is an altered state of awareness which we all enter into everyday quite naturally. Like when you drive from A to B without thinking about the journey, or become engrossed in a film.
Hypnotherapy utilises this natural state to help you achieve your outcomes – to lose weight for example. It can only do this if you want to lose weight. It can’t make you do anything you don’t want to do. It doesn’t take away your free will.
Some people have a low motivation – they want to lose weight, but they get some benefit from eating too much of the wrong things. Through hypnotherapy, it is possible to increase the motivation to achieve weight loss and develop alternative strategies of achieving the “benefits” overeating appears to give. For example, if you believe that eating chocolate provides comfort when you are stressed, hypnotherapy can help you relax in ways which are conducive to weight loss. I would always treat the cause rather than the symptom, otherwise there is the possibility that you simply start a new habit to deal with the problem of stress.
It can also help to:
- Change your relationship with food so that it is no longer your best friend or your worst enemy – it’s just food.
- Reduce your cravings.
- Change your taste buds so that heavy foods are too heavy and sweet foods are too sweet.
- Reduce your appetite so that small portions are more satisfying.
- Make it easier to leave food on your plate.
- Help you recognise your ‘full’ signal so it’s easier to stop eating.
- Increase your motivation to exercise.
- Tackle the emotions which drive you to eat in the first place.
- Stop dieting and changing your lifestyle so you are naturally a healthy eater.
Quite simply, it makes losing weight easier.
Losing weight is not about dieting – it’s about changing your relationship with food so you can enjoy eating – the right foods in the right quantities.
Hypnotherapy Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
About Tricia Woolfrey
Tricia Woolfrey is an advanced clinical hypnotherapist, master practitioner of neuro-linguistic programming and nutritionist. She specialises in stress, anger, weight, IBS and fatigue. She has practices in Byfleet Village, Surrey and Harley Street, London. She is a published author, trainer and speaker.