Frequently asked questions!
Anxiety, stress, fears and phobias are all issues that may be addressed using hypnotherapy.
Reading this title you are probably expecting to read about the questions a therapist might ask a new client - but don't forget that therapy is a two-way process. If you are actively looking for a therapist then you have already made some decisions about finding a solution to your issues, but you need to know that the therapist you choose is a good fit for you.
In no particular order, these are the sort of questions you should consider asking of the therapist:
- This is my issue; have you worked with any other clients for this; what level of success did you achieve?
- What do I get for my money?
- Can I pay in instalments for a programme of therapy or is the payment made in full at the beginning of the course of therapy?
- Could I see a copy of your insurance/ qualifications, please?
- What training have you done which makes you the right person to help me with this problem?
- How many sessions, how often and how much?
- What are your terms and conditions?
- What happens in a session?
- Do you offer a consultation prior to the course of therapy? If so, what is the cost?
If you are investing in hypnotherapy please do not go for the cheapest option! If you find someone who is offering therapy far cheaper than other therapists in your local area ask yourself why? Are they just starting up in business so offer cheap sessions in a bid to build their list? How recent is their training? Do they have appropriate insurance?
Most therapists invest heavily in their training and self-development and will hold membership of networking groups, professional associations and insurance; this is reflected in their price structure.
Do your research by asking friends and family for recommendations, or by looking on Hypnotherapy Directory, GHR, or do a google search for hypnotherapists in your local area. Look at their website, Facebook and LinkedIn pages where you can see articles written by the therapists and details of recent training and achievements.
Questions to ask yourself:
- How comfortable do I feel about working with someone of the opposite sex?
- How do I feel about a therapist coming to my home/ going to their home as opposed to an office based appointment?
- Do I have any health issues which could affect access to the therapist location?
- Do my work/family commitments fit in with appointment times on offer?
- You are investing in yourself and your health so ensure that you are perfectly comfortable with the therapist and get the most out of the sessions.
Hypnotherapy Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
About Anne Marie Stagg
Anne Marie is an experienced hypnotherapist based in a GP Surgery in E.Yorkshire. Many of her clients have anxiety as an aspect of their life.
She is clear that progress comes from the partnership between herself and her client. She uses hypnotherapy, EFT, TFT, Reiki, OldPain2Go and other techniques to create bespoke programmes.