Seven steps to boost your self-esteem using hypnosis
Low self-esteem and/or lower self-image are common situations that frequently lead to depression and other self-destructive behaviours that can cause a person to become extremely dangerous to themselves and possibly to others. This is when it is really necessary to get them to seek out treatment.
Using hypnosis for the treatment of low-esteem and self-image issues
One of the main reasons why hypnosis can be so effective in the treatment of low self-esteem and self-image is that when the mind is put into a trance-like state it is extremely susceptible to suggestions. When used by a qualified professional therapist, hypnosis can be used effectively to help replace the self-destructive thoughts with much more confident thoughts.
Self-hypnosis can be used effectively, just like visiting a trained hypnotist who knows how to safely put a person into a hypnotic trance. Being in the trance, your mind switches over to be more receptive to suggestions.
Seven easy steps to boost your self-esteem using hypnosis
1. Establish a goal - to get started, you want to first set yourself an achievable goal for the treatment. This will make it easy for the remaining steps to help you achieve the goal.
2. Come up with a repeatable statement that describes your goal - come up with a positive statement that can be repeated on a regular basis in order to help reinforce goal to improve your self-image.
3. Begin by getting into a sitting or relaxing position - to get started you will want to be in the most relaxing position you can, either laying down or sitting back as relaxed as possible. The secret is to breathe, relax and follow a specific pattern of breathing.
Breath down deep from your belly and count seven as you are inhaling. Then hold for a count of two and then exhale to an 11 count. Hold for a count of two and then repeat the process three more times. By the end of the third time, you should be in a trance-like state.
4. Start relaxing even deeper - for an even deeper trance, you can try to visualise yourself bringing a deep breath to each of the 10 major body parts including; feet, legs buttock, stomach, chest, hands, arms, shoulders, neck, and finally head.
5. Incorporate your goal into a routine - now that you have achieved the ultimate relaxing state, you are ready to use the goal that you have set up in the first step. Since you are at your most receptive, you will be able to influence your thoughts.
6. See the goal and how it is working - you want to analyse your thoughts to see that you are no longer thinking negatively, and have replaced the negative thoughts with the positive ones that you created in the goal step.
7. Allow yourself to feel grateful - allow a brief amount of time to ensure that your goal of the process was actually met. This is really easy as you should be able to feel much more positive about yourself as you did before you started.
This is just one method of using self-hypnosis to solve your issue.
Hypnotherapy Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
About Biodun Ogunyemi
Biodun Ogunyemi is the founder of Optimind, one of the leading hypnotherapy practices within the UK. He has practised on Harley Street and is an experienced hypnotherapist, trained to the highest level in advanced hypnotherapy and NLP and is the author of over 180 hypnosis products.