Working with neurodivergent children and young adults
Want to understand autism, ADHD, Tourettes, PDA and more? Understand neurodivergent diagnoses and their impact on children and young people.
Identify differences between neurodivergent and neurotypical children.
Exclusive to Child Hypnotherapy Institute, this CPD-accredited training programme consists of two online live training sessions counting as 14 hours towards your formal continued professional development. Our comprehensive offering allows you to purchase courses individually or as a complete package. To fully maximise your learning experience and enrich your therapeutic practice, we recommend enrolling in both days.
The programme comprises two essential courses: “Working with neurodivergent children and young adults” and “Working therapeutically with neurodivergent children and young adults.”
Achieve a holistic understanding and elevate your skills by completing both courses, ensuring you’re fully equipped to excel in this transformative field.
Day one covers:
- autism spectrum disorder (ASD) or condition (ASC)
- attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD or ADD)
- dyslexia, dyspraxia and dyscalculia
- sensory processing disorder (SPD)
- intellectual/learning differences
- PDA (pathological demand avoidance)
- Understand and apply neurodiversity-affirming practice with families.
- Explore the use of positive psychology, cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT), and hypnotherapy tools.
- Enhance self-esteem, and confidence, and manage anxiety in neurodivergent children and young adults.
- Address fears, phobias, and challenges related to school and college engagement.
- Strengthen executive functioning skills in neurodivergent children and young adults
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
This course is designed and delivered by Evalynne Charmer of the double-award winning Ed Elf Child Therapy and the Child Hypnotherapy Institute UK. Evalynne has 38 years' experience working with children across all sectors, in a number of roles, teaches the Chrysalis Diploma in Hypnotherapy, and presents the Autistic Voices podcast.