Working with children and adolescents – 1 day workshop
Sutton in Ashfield
Introducing our unique and eclectic approach for dealing with children’s issues.
Children and adolescents are increasingly suffering from mental health issues for many different reasons. This subject is frequently discussed on radio, TV and in newspapers, and we are seeing an increasing number of children within our own practice.
Working with children and adolescents requires great care and patience and is very different from treating adults. Over the last 12 years our practice have developed a protocol specifically for working with children and adolescents.
This one-day workshop offers a step by step guide to this protocol covering a variety of different issues including behavioural problems, habits, lack of confidence, self-esteem, bed wetting, hair pulling, eating issues, exam nerves, bullying, anger and many more.
In the workshop you will learn:
- What has changed in society to cause increasing problems for children and adolescents?
- How can we help children with issues and problems?
- Stages of children’s development.
- What other help is available for children.
- Legal and ethical requirements for working with children.
- Working with parent/parents or guardian.
- Using the protocol with children and adolescents including how to build rapport.
- A variety of common children’s issues and how best to deal with them.
- A variety of inductions suitable for different stages of development.
- A variety of deepeners suitable for different stages of development.
- A variety of post hypnotic suggestions suitable for different stages of development.
- A variety of scripts suitable for different stages of development.
- How to create your own scripts which are suitable for children.
- Dealing with children who have learning difficulties eg. ADHA, Asperger’s, Dyslexia etc.
About Clem Turner
Tutor: Clem Turner
Clem has successfully worked with children and adolescents over the past 12 years and has developed his own successful protocol which the workshop introduces.
Cost includes: Relevant handouts, scripts & forms, safe car park, delicious buffet lunch & on-going support.
Phone or e-mail: 01623 556234 or email@example.com