Using mindfulness with clients - a 2 day course for therapists and coaching professionals
Date & Time:27th - 28th October 2018, 10am - 4.30pm
Cost:Discounted rate for members of the GHR, NCH and BIH: £320 Standard rate £350
Sutton in Ashfield
- Find an event in your area
This course has been designed specifically for those working in the therapy and coaching professions and leads to a recognised qualification in mindfulness.
Following the course you will be able to use mindfulness to support individual clients, run mindfulness groups or even work with schools.
Mindfulness is rapidly becoming one of the most widely applied “talk therapies”. GPs are now even prescribing books on mindfulness to patients as an alternative to low doses of anti-depressants or anti-anxiety medication. By combining the power of mindfulness with current therapy or coaching practices, participants will be able to equip clients with effective and lasting tools to deal with a variety of issues including:
- Stress/helping to relieve stress.
- Lower blood pressure.
- Reducing chronic pain.
- Improving sleep.
- Alleviating gastrointestinal difficulties.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder to name but a few.
The two day course is highly practical in nature and participants have the opportunity to experience mindfulness and its component elements throughout the course. Participants will be given a workbook for use during the two days and at the end of the workshop will receive a downloadable link containing:
- All of the presentation material used.
- Recorded meditations ranging from 3 minutes to 40 minutes for their own use and to be used with clients.
- Links to current research.
- Handouts of exercises to be used with groups and in schools.
On day one you will learn:
- The History of mindfulness and founding principles.
- How to teach mindfulness.
- To develop your own practice.
- To help clients develop a mindfulness practice.
- Practical elements of leading mindfulness sessions.
- Different models of mindfulness and their constituent parts.
- Understanding and using anchors.
- To apply mindfulness to different issues.
- Mindfulness in specific contexts.
Day two will cover:
- Metta Mediation for personal transformation.
- Self-compassion and stilling the inner critic.
- Areas of potential growth for mindfulness practices.
- Challenges and benefits of group mindfulness including a mindfulness group course structure.
- Exercises for use with groups.
- Challenges and benefits of working with schools.
- Exercises for use with children.
- Taking feedback with children.
- Working with teachers..
About the host
Julie Hurst MSc, is a psychologist, coach and hypnotherapist. She has qualifications in psychology, CBT, Hypnotherapy, EMDR and Mindfulness. She runs both a corporate practice working with major companies throughout the UK and has a private practice in Leicestershire.
Cost includes all relevant handouts, car parking, buffet lunch and refreshments.
I've always been anxious and I wanted some more confidence. I decided to go and see a hypnotherapist, and...
My hypnotherapist has changed my life. After years of struggling with weight management the hypno band and the...
I had it all. I was just after getting married, I had a good family, friends, a great social life, a well paid...