Using mindfulness with clients – a 2 day course for hypnotherapists and coaching professionals
Please note: This course leads to a recognised qualification in mindfulness for use with clients, schools or groups.
This course has been designed specifically for those working in the therapy and coaching professions. Following the course you will be able to use mindfulness to support individual clients, run mindfulness groups or even work with schools.
Mindfulness is rapidly becoming one of the most widely applied “talk therapies”. GP's are now even prescribing books on mindfulness to patients as an alternative to low doses of anti-depressants or anti-anxiety medication. By combining the power of mindfulness with current therapy or coaching practices, participants will be able to equip clients with effective and lasting tools to deal with a variety of issues including: anxiety, self-harm, stress, depression, help relieve stress, lower blood pressure, reduce chronic pain, improve sleep, alleviate gastrointestinal difficulties and obsessive-compulsive disorder to name but a few.
The two-day course is highly practical in nature and participants have the opportunity to experience mindfulness and its component elements throughout the course. Participants will be given a workbook for use during the two days and at the end of the workshop will receive a downloadable link containing:
- All the presentation material used.
- Recorded meditations ranging from three minutes to 40 minutes for their own use and to be used with clients.
- Links to current research.
- Handouts of exercises to be used with groups and in schools.
On day one you will learn:
- The history of mindfulness.
- Founding principles.
- How to teach mindfulness.
- Developing your own practice.
- Helping clients develop a mindfulness practice.
- Practical elements of leading mindfulness sessions.
- Different models of mindfulness and their constituent parts.
- Understanding and using anchors.
- Applying mindfulness to different issues.
- Mindfulness in specific contexts.
Day two will cover:
- Metta mediation for personal transformation.
- Self-compassion and stilling the inner critic.
- Areas of potential growth for mindfulness practices.
- Challenges and benefits of group mindfulness including a mindfulness group course structure.
- Exercises for use with groups.
- Challenges and benefits of working with schools
- Exercises for use with children.
- Taking feedback with children.
- Working with teachers.
Upon successful completion of the course you will be awarded a certificate in using mindfulness with clients from the Complimentary Medicine Association.
Hosted by Clem Turner
About the tutor: Julie Hurst MSc, is a psychologist, coach and hypnotherapist. She has qualifications in psychology, CBT, hypnotherapy, EMDR, pain management, mindfulness and coaching. Cost includes all relevant handouts and materials, safe car parking, delicious buffet lunch, refreshments throughout the day and a recognised qualification from CMA.