Using mindfulness with clients - 2-day workshop
This course has been designed specifically for those working in the therapy and coaching professions. Following the course you will be able to use mindfulness to support individual clients, run mindfulness groups, or even work with schools.
Mindfulness is rapidly becoming one of the most widely applied 'talk therapies'. GPs are now even prescribing books on mindfulness to patients as an alternative to low doses of antidepressants or anti-anxiety medication. By combining the power of mindfulness with current therapy or coaching practices, participants will be able to equip clients with effective and lasting tools to deal with a variety of issues, including;
- relieving stress
- lowering blood pressure
- reducing chronic pain
- improving sleep
- alleviating gastrointestinal difficulties
- obsessive-compulsive disorder
The two-day course is highly practical in nature, and participants have the opportunity to experience mindfulness and its component elements throughout the course. Participants will be given a workbook for use during the two days, and at the end of the workshop will receive a downloadable link containing;
- all the presentation material used
- recorded meditations ranging from three minutes to 40 minutes for their own use and to be used with clients
- links to current research
- handouts of exercises to be used with groups and in schools
On day one, you will learn;
- the history of mindfulness
- founding principles
- how to teach mindfulness
- developing your own practice
- helping clients develop a mindfulness practice
- practical elements of leading mindfulness sessions
- different models of mindfulness and their constituent parts
- understanding and using anchors
- applying mindfulness to different issues
- mindfulness in specific contexts
Day two will cover;
- metta mediation for personal transformation
- self-compassion and stilling the inner critic
- areas of potential growth for mindfulness practices.
- challenges and benefits of group mindfulness including a mindfulness group course structure
- exercises for use with groups.
- challenges and benefits of working with schools
- exercises for use with children
- taking feedback with children
- working with teachers
Julie Hurst MSc, is a psychologist, coach, and hypnotherapist. She has qualifications in psychology, CBT, hypnotherapy, EMDR, pain management, mindfulness, and coaching.
The cost of the course includes all handouts and materials, certificate from the CMA, safe car parking, delicious buffet lunch, and refreshments throughout the day.
Hosted by Clem Turner
Clem qualified as a Clinical Hypnotherapist in 2004 and now runs a successful therapy practice with his wife Margaret in Nottinghamshire. For the past 11 years they have been offering CPD Training Courses & Workshops for qualified Hypnotherapists and currently have 17 different courses to choose from. www.clemturner.co.uk/training-courses/