Therapy assessments with children and young people CPD accredited
Work (or want to work) with children? An initial consultation form is not enough, you need to conduct appropriate, evidence-based assessments (for anxiety or low mood for example) to form a best-practice Therapy Plan.
This is a one-day (seven-hour) live online course for subclinical therapy professionals such as hypnotherapists, counsellors, and those in pastoral roles where an assessment is key to delivering excellent SEMH (social, emotional, mental health) outcomes. Subclinical therapists are professionals who work with individuals experiencing mild emotional and behavioural difficulties that do not meet the criteria for a clinical diagnosis. The course is accredited via the CPD accreditation service UK.
Course learning outcomes
- Understanding the importance of assessments in therapeutic practice.
- Exploring the ethical considerations and guidelines for conducting assessments with children and young people.
- Understanding assessment tools and techniques.
- Understanding the role of subclinical therapists.
- Integrating assessment findings into treatment planning.
- Exploring cultural considerations in assessments.
- Understanding best practice in documentation and report writing.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
This course is designed and delivered by Evalynne Charmer of the double-award winning Ed Elf Child Therapy and the Child Hypnotherapy Institute UK. Evalynne has 38 years' experience working with children across all sectors, in a number of roles, teaches the Chrysalis Diploma in Hypnotherapy, and presents the Autistic Voices podcast.