The science of happiness – 1 day workshop
Date & Time:3rd November 2018, 10am - 4.30pm
Sutton in Ashfield
- Find an event in your area
Day after day, as practitioners, we work with people who want to be happier in some way. Whether they want to lose weight, quit smoking, deal with anxiety, reduce depression or make some other change, ultimately they are doing this to be happier.
But there is now a way to cut to the chase. There are things that neuroscience and positive psychology tell us that can directly increase happiness. This workshop gives you a practical guide to those steps your clients can take to have the greatest positive impact on their own levels of happiness.
Armed with these skills you will be able to give them evidence-based techniques they can use at home, at work, anywhere and everywhere.
The one-day workshop will cover:
- A guide to happiness and the brain.
- Understanding the neurochemicals that impact our happiness and how to alter them naturally.
- Positive psychology – the study of happiness – how to help clients identify and use their strengths at home and at work.
- Simple steps to happiness – exercises you can do with your client based on research and science that create change in a matter of weeks.
- Creating happiness habits – things your clients can do regularly that will change how they feel for years to come.
- Resources and further research – where to find anything else you may need.
You will have chances to try out some of these for yourself on the day as well as having everything you need to take away and put these things into practice with your clients straight away.
About the host
Julie Hurst MSc, is a psychologist, coach and hypnotherapist. She has qualifications in psychology, CBT, Hypnotherapy, EMDR and Mindfulness. She runs both a corporate practice working with major companies throughout the UK and has a private practice in Leicestershire.
Cost includes all relevant handouts, car parking, buffet lunch and refreshments.
I've always been anxious and I wanted some more confidence. I decided to go and see a hypnotherapist, and...
I have been having difficulties since I met my husband, not that he is the root of the problem you must...
I had been smoking for 30 years so well and truly needed to stop. Tried every single aid on the market available...