Solution focused practice: the 'BRIEF' approach
Date & Time:25th March 2018, 9.30am - 4.30pm
Location:The Old Rectory Clinic
- Find an event in your area
Full days training by Evan George from BRIEF London
Evan George is one of the founders of BRIEF in the UK. This one-day programme will introduce participants to the BRIEF approach to solution focus thinking and to the key elements of practice within the approach. SF is a flexible, collaborative and empowering approach that can be used with parents, adults and adolescents, with couples and families, and in group-work. The approach can be used both formally in ‘intervention’ sessions and also informally in short conversations, as well as in meetings. The approach fits well with principles of equal access and has a strong capacity to build cooperation and partnership, including in statutory work and with ‘reluctant clients’.
This is a tailored workshop for a maximum of 24 people in a comfortable and friendly environment running from 9:30 am - 4:30 pm. The workshop costs £120.00 and includes the following: All accompanying training notes
- Certificate of Attendance - this event counts as 7 Hours of CPD.
- Full Post Course support via email
- A delicious locally sourced buffet lunch.
- Refreshments mid-morning and afternoon.
- Free parking.
The programme will introduce participants to the solution focused way of thinking and to the core techniques within the approach. These will include:
- Picturing the preferred future
- Building on what’s working
- Highlighting change
- Identifying small signs of progress.
- Building an expectation of good outcome.
Participants will leave the day:
- Clear about the nature of the solution focused approach
- Clear about those purposes for which the solution focus is not applicable or appropriate
- Aware of the key elements of practice within the solution focused approach
- With ideas about how elements of the approach can be used within their own work setting
- Ready to begin using elements of practice in their work.
Evan George, a Systemic Psychotherapist with a background in social work, has over 25 years’ experience of training in the Solution Focused approach. Evan is particularly interested in making change easier for clients and in engaging so-called ‘reluctant’ clients. He has been at the heart of the developments in the approach that have changed the nature of Solution Focus over the last 15 years, moving away from the strategic origins of the model to one that is more constructivist.
Evan has presented throughout the UK, across Europe and further afield and is the co-author of three books with two more ‘in the pipeline’.
This busy and active day will contain a lively mix of presentation, demonstration, experimentation and discussion
About the host
Caroline Huish is a full time clinical hypnotherapist and an NCH and AfSFH accredited supervisor. Caroline is also the owner of The Old Rectory Clinic; a multi-disciplinary complementary healthcare clinic serving the community of South Gloucestershire and North Bristol. www.carolinehuish.co.uk
I have had insomnia for many years but the problem has escalated in recent months with me either being unable to...
I've always been anxious and I wanted some more confidence. I decided to go and see a hypnotherapist, and...
Experiencing a healthy apprehension before doing something is a feeling most people deal with from time to time,...