Neuroscience of perception - full day workshop
Date & Time:27th May 2018, 9.30am - 2.30pm
Location:The Old Rectory Clinic
- Find an event in your area
This CPD workshop explores illusions, inference and the intellectual brain. The neuroscience of perception and how understanding some neuroscience helps us to help our clients. This is a tailored workshop for a maximum of 24 people in a comfortable and friendly environment. This course is being delivered by Dorothea & Lucie Read.
The workshop costs £75.00 and includes the following:
- All accompanying training notes.
- Certificate of attendance - this event counts as seven hours of CPD.
- A delicious locally sourced buffet lunch.
- Refreshments mid-morning and afternoon.
- Free parking.
The Neuroscience of Perception and how understanding some neuroscience helps us to help our clients.
We will explore the questions of:
- How do we know what is real and what is a perception?
- Is the 'real' world something we can experience with our senses?
- Where does that leave concepts?
- Why does the intellectual brain 'switch off' in times of stress?
- What is the theory of rewind/reframe? What it is and how to do it.
- What do we mean by ‘conscious, unconscious and sub-conscious’?
- What is sleep and do we know what it is for?
- What are the myths of neuroscience?
This CPD is an informative and fun look at neuroscience, with the aim of increasing your understanding of the most complex thing in the universe, your brain. We will look at perception issues commonly faced by our clients and the science of changing our perceptions.
About the speakers:
Dorothea Read is a full time clinical hypnotherapist, supervisor and graduate of The Clifton Practice Hypnotherapy Training School in Bristol. She is a very popular visiting lecturer regularly delivering talks and workshops throughout the country.
Lucie Read graduated from Cardiff University with a Degree in neuroscience and has been awarded her masters degree in neuroimaging. Lucie is now working towards her Phd in neuroscience.
To book your place, please click here:
About the host
Caroline Huish is a full time Clinical Hypnotherapist. She is also an NCH Accredited Supervisor. Additionally, she is Practice Manager of The Old Rectory Clinic, which serves the community of South Gloucestershire and North Bristol. Caroline regularly runs CPD training courses and workshops for fellow professional practitioners.
Since having hypnotherapy my mind has settled, calmer way of thinking. My enthusiasm for life has increased, I'm...
I have been having difficulties since I met my husband, not that he is the root of the problem you must...
Experiencing a healthy apprehension before doing something is a feeling most people deal with from time to time,...