Natural pain relief and practical birth preparation natal hypnotherapy
- Find an event in your area
Natural pain relief
The first of the two classes focuses exclusively on natural pain management tools and techniques - breathing, relaxation and self hypnosis. Couples will learn:
- how fear or anxiety can have a negative impact on your body during the birth
- how to quickly and easily reduce adrenaline associated with fear and anxiety in labour
- natural ways to work with your body to reduce pain in child birth
- self-hypnosis skills to overcome fear, increase their confidence and trust in their ability to give birth
- effective breathing and deep relaxation technique
- rapid trigger techniques to enter deep relaxation
- adrenaline release technique
- ways the birth partner can help the woman achieve a deeply relaxed state before and during labour.
Practical birth preparation
The second class is a very practical day to help you prepare both physically, mentally and emotionally for the birth. You will:
- be taken step by step through the birthing process from a physical as well as emotional perspective
- understand how the body works best during labour and what you can do to help it
- gain a clear understanding of the power of hormones and how you can work with them
- key signs to indicate that the mother may be experiencing a rise in adrenaline and what the partner can do to reduce this
- gain a clearer perspective on why fear has become such a major player in birth today
- unravel the myths behind the beliefs which lead to so much fear
- learn practical tools and techniques to help her work with her body in the most effective way
- understand the use and power of massage, water and other comfort measures in labour
- explore the most effective ways to work with the medical team supporting them.
There is a special session for fathers to help them prepare appropriate questions for the medical team and plan the best support and comfort measures for the mother.
Each class costs from £95 per mum-to-be and birth partners attend for free. You can book classes individually or at the same time. You will get a free CD or gift card when booking the natural pain relief class plus the Effective Birth Preparation book if you go to both classes.
Also available on a private one to one basis for £150 for one day or £250 for both days.
About the host
Hypnotherapist and Natal Hypnotherapy Practitioner.
Providing birth preparation courses & pregnancy relaxation classes across Middlesbrough, Redcar & Stockton areas.
I saw a hypnotherapist last year. I had an irrational fear of dogs which was worsening and affecting my daily...
I had it all. I was just after getting married, I had a good family, friends, a great social life, a well paid...
I had hypnotherapy to quit smoking - it was the best thing I could have done! I think it helped that I had come to...