Hypnobirthing couples course
Date & Time:9th - 30th January 2018, 7pm - 9.30pm
Location:The River Clinic
- Find an event in your area
I am passionate about supporting couples towards having the birth they choose.
I am a qualified practising community midwife with over 30 years experience working within the NHS attending home births around Sussex.
My hypnobirthing programme can be attended by mum and birthing partner (normally the dad, but it doesn't have to be) ideally between 20 and 36 weeks of pregnancy, allowing plenty of time for practice... Although I have taught the techniques to couples at 38 weeks, and they have still gone on to use them with great success.
My hypnobirthing programme offers a comprehensive antenatal course totalling 10 hours of instruction.
All of the hypnosis techniques are learned during the first two sessions, which ensures that I can see how the couples are progressing with their practice of the techniques and allows the opportunity for questions and review of these techniques.
The cost of the course is £250.
The number of attendees is kept low in order to ensure that I can give appropriate attention to each individual and ensure that everyone gets the most from attending the course.
Included in the cost of hypnobirthing course:
- Four two and a half hour sessions within a small group.
- The hypnobirthing manual to help structure your practice at home.
- Seven hypnobirthing MP3s.
- Email or telephone support from me up until you have your baby.
- There are also many movie clips shown during the course of women using hypnobirthing.
- In my classes, you will learn how to deeply relax almost instantaneously, use visualisations, breathing techniques, self-hypnosis, and affirmations, as well as gain a deeper understanding of why and how you were built to give birth (without stress).
- The courses run over a period of four weeks giving you the time to learn, take on board and practice the skills you will develop in class.
On completion, you will have a toolbox of skills that you can draw upon in any situation, leaving you feeling ready and confident. You will understand that you don't need to be wonder woman. Neither do you need to be part of a new age militant movement, who laughs in the face of gas and air, in order to create the type of birth experience you desire.
About the host
I'm a qualified practicing community midwife with over 30 years experience working within the NHS. Currently, attend home births around Sussex. I'm also qualified in hypnotherapy and solution-focused psychotherapy, advanced level 3 EFT and matrix. I run hypnobirthing courses in groups or if you prefer one to one, contact me to discuss your options.
I contacted Hazel for help as my husband, Brian, had reached the end of his tether. He was very depressed, he...
I have had insomnia for many years but the problem has escalated in recent months with me either being unable to...
I've been scared of flying since I was young and I really wanted to find out if hypnotherapy would work. I was...