Certificate in post-trauma hypnotherapy – 1 day CPD workshop
Sutton in Ashfield
Helping clients traumatised as children or teenagers with a protocol called from Victim to Victory (V2V).
This workshop has been designed to help qualified hypnotherapists support clients who have been traumatised in childhood, their teenage years or even as young adults. You will learn how to help your clients emerge from the trauma of their past, reduce anger, anxiety and depression symptoms, and move forward with their lives into a healthier, happier future, free from the distress and pain of the past.
The workshop contains everything you need to plan a series of V2V sessions including practice sessions; demonstrations; session planning, case studies and group discussions as well as an awareness of legal and ethical issues around trauma and abuse.
1) To provide safe and effective therapy for clients using the V2V protocol as appropriate via:
- a. History of V2V protocol, provenance and background.
- b. V2V session plan and paperwork.
- c. Understanding trauma and the traumatised brain.
2) To understand the structure and content of the V2V protocol:
- a. Overall structure and element guide.
- b. Content and purpose of each element and its role in the whole.
- c. Possible other uses e.g. bullying, suicides, abandonment.
- d. Possible other treatments i.e. sleep hygiene, EMDR, mindfulness.
3) To provide competent and effective hypnotherapy sessions following the protocol pathway:
- a. Abreaction/recovered memories.
- b. Safe place to park.
- c. Natural pauses in the process.
- d. Client history taking.
- e. Setting the scene, giving appropriate information.
- f. Client led therapy without imposition.
- g. Suitable inductions etc.
4) To understand any legal and ethical considerations arising from working with those who have suffered abuse at the hands of others:
- a. Understanding of risk of false memory syndrome.
- b. Danger of making assumptions (Sunderland child abuse scandal).
- c. Being mindful of therapist’s own experiences.
About Clem Turner
About your tutor: Julie Hurst SQHP, MBPsS, is a psychotherapist and hypnotherapist. She has qualifications in psychology, CBT, hypnotherapy, EMDR, pain management, mindfulness, life coaching and performance coaching. Cost includes relevant handouts, outline scripts, car parking, lunch, refreshments throughout the day and certificate of attendance.