BLAST, EMDR, PTSD and trauma 2 day course
I have been lucky enough to secure Nick Davies from the Warwickshire School of Hypnotherapy to visit Wakefield and deliver his renowned two day "BLAST Technique Practitioner©, EMDR, PTSD and Trauma" workshop.
Nick says of his course:
‘Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) was the probably the most effective tool out there for dealing with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Trauma. I have developed my own technique BLAST Technique© which works much faster and more effectively and have used it many, many times for things like serious accidents, violent assaults, rape and child abuse and it has changed the lives of many people, without it I wouldn't be as an effective therapist and is one of the reasons I take the cases other therapists avoid.
This is seriously one tool I believe everybody should have at their disposal!’
This is a protocol that I use regularly with my clients to great effect.
The cost of the two day course is £397 per delegate, but we are fortunate enough to be able to offer an early bird discount of £100 bringing the cost of this fabulous course to £297. The early bird discount will run until 25th September 2018 and a £50 deposit will be needed to secure your place on the course. If you are unable to attend, the deposit will be refunded as long as we are able to offer the place to another delegate.
Tea and coffee will be provided for both days and there are numerous food establishments nearby for lunches. Trinity Business Park has parking and is close to the motorway network, train station and town centre.
The following topics will be covered during the workshop:
- History of EMDR
- Who is affected? Percentages of men and women.
- How does it work? Shapiro’s and Gupta’s theories.
- The roles of the Amygdala, Hippocampus and Thalamus.
- Stress and the General Adaptation Syndrome (GAS).
- How it affects the organism.
- The NICE definition of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
- EMDR eight Steps.
- EMDR standard protocol.
- DAS 42 scale - testing for levels of stress, anxiety and/or depression.
- DAS 42 scoring template.
- DAS 42 results.
- Auditory and Kinaesthetic EMDR.
- How to spot PTSD or trauma with sensory acuity.
- Research and effectiveness of EMDR.
- NLP, EMDR, Grinder & Dilts.
- Eye accessing cues and BLAST theory.
- Repression or suppression of emotional trauma (signs).
- The "Pending Tray" theory
- The use of suggestion and metaphor.
- What is “Transactional Analysis”?
- How clients can replay the emotional trauma.
- The Drama Triangle and how it affects relationships.
- Applications of BLAST Technique© for cravings, guilt, anxiety etc.
- BLAST Technique© - how to massively increase the processing speed.
- Blast Technique© Protocol - short.
- Personal history.
- Blast Technique© Self-Care Protocols one to four.
- "Release Stress Now!" Hypnotherapy Script.
You will also receive a 37 page delegate workbook, a "BLAST Technique™ Practitioner" certificate and an "EMDR, PTSD and Trauma" certificate once you have completed the course, plus six months free membership to the BLAST Association.
The course is accredited by the ACCPH (ACCPH the Professional Body for Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Clinical Hypnotherapists) and also counts towards your Continual Professional Development (CPD).
Below are some links to testimonials from people who have attended Nick's workshop.
Course outline video - https://youtu.be/IfTJHxjMFLk
Testimonial one - https://youtu.be/rjlwCUZUGdw
Testimonial two (spent £4k on training and thinks that BLAST is the best) - https://youtu.be/_4rjfecxJEE
Testimonial three (Alfie Dingley's Mum who got cannabis legalised for her son on recent TV) - https://youtu.be/aMJ5RIVIKrM
Testimonial four - https://youtu.be/YulKHBntSm0
Testimonial five - https://youtu.be/RR2q7uGwhco
To book your place on the course, please contact Karen Hayward on 07790 893 007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Karen Hayward
I am Karen Hayward and I run an established therapy practice in North Yorkshire. I was lucky enough to meet Nick on one of his BLAST training courses a few years ago. I was so taken with the course and its application that I now bring him to the North occasionally so that he can train others. This is a great protocol that I use all the time.