An introduction to the counselling and psychotherapy professions
Do you enjoy helping people? Maybe you've been told that you’re a good listener or feel you have a lot of empathy and compassion to offer and a desire to make the world a better place?
Perhaps you would like to volunteer in or start a career in the helping professions, or maybe you just want to learn more about what it means to be a counsellor or psychotherapist? Whatever your reasons, this one day workshop is for you!
There are many different approaches to working as a therapist and many different avenues you can take your volunteering or career down. Some people even just like to study the therapies to gain more understanding of themselves! Whatever your motivation, this introduction will help you to decide whether the therapeutic profession is the right choice for you and will help guide you on your next steps.
We will guide you through:
- what it means to be a therapist
- differences between Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Psychologists and Psychiatrists
- the different approaches in the therapeutic profession
- what is expected as part of ongoing therapy training,
- an overview of working with clients
- the privilege of working within the mental health field
- the highs and lows of the therapeutic profession
- what can be expected from a career in the profession
- the next steps
We will also look to explore any specific areas or questions which you or the group may have. No prior experience is necessary to attend this course.
Our next workshop will take place online via Zoom on November 6th 2021 from 10am to 4pm - £80 per place. £10 Early bird discount until 31/07/21 using promo code ITC21.
Hosted by Gareth Sammer
Gareth has hosted many successful training courses in the past and from September 2021 will be running a regular schedule of workshops. To find out more or to book your place, please go to: counselling_training.eventbrite.co.uk or visit www.westlondonpsychotherapyandcounselling.london/training or email firstname.lastname@example.org.