Advanced certificate in anxiety management
Suitable for: qualified/practising hypnotherapists, hypnotherapy students who wish to extend their basic training, and other therapists with some knowledge of hypnotherapeutic techniques.
Level: skills and knowledge development, CPD
Why do you need advanced knowledge of anxiety management?
Google 'evidence for an increase in anxiety' and you'll get over two million hits. Hypnotherapists in practice are telling us that anxiety-related conditions form a greater part of their practice than ever before, so you need an excellent level of knowledge about working with anxiety, and a variety of tools, to successfully help your clients.
This intensive one-day course covers:
- the biology of anxiety - brain chemistry, medical interventions etc.
- understanding and recognising the different anxiety-related conditions.
- effective intakes - a variety of tools and techniques to help you collect and collate the right information to provide effective therapy, and measure success.
- psychological explanations of anxiety - how different theories can inform our choice of techniques.
- effective techniques and tools for clients out of trance.
- effective tools and techniques for clients in trance.
You will receive...
- comprehensive information and notes.*
- handouts and proformas to use with clients.
- suitable hypnotherapy scripts.
* This comes in two parts. First, about a month before the course, we'll send you an ebook containing background information and a multiple choice questionnaire which can be handed in on the day of the workshop. We anticipate this will take most people around two hours. Then, at the workshop, you'll be given detailed notes, and a CD/download of resources to use with clients.
The advantages of sending information to you in advance are:
- you get to read through the background information in your own time, so we can concentrate on developing practical skills at the workshop.
- you benefit from extra CPD hours without having to pay for the tutorial time.
Want your questions answered? Please contact Debbie.
Co-authors: Debbie Waller of Yorkshire Hypnotherapy Training and Yorkshire Stress Management, an experienced hypnotherapy tutor and author of Their Worlds Your Words, and Brian Turner, of Phoenix Therapies, a psychotherapist specialising in working with anxiety and depression, and placement coordinator for 'Stamp Out Suicide' (Registered Charity Number: 1171162). By combining their different backgrounds, Debbie and Brian can introduce you to a variety of effective tools and techniques to help your clients.
Tutors: Debbie Waller and Brian Turner
The Advanced Certificate in anxiety management is validated as CPD by the ACCPH.
About Brian Turner
Co-authors: Debbie Waller of Yorkshire Hypnotherapy Training and Yorkshire Stress Management, an experienced hypnotherapy tutor and author of Their Worlds Your Words, and Brian Turner, is a psychotherapist specialising in working with anxiety and depression, and placement co-ordinator for 'Stamp Out Suicide' (Registered Charity Number: 1171162).