Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT) training day - live on zoom
ACT and mindfulness enable clients to be able to move forwards by releasing past trauma and ruminations.
What is ACT?
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy gets its name from its main themes - to accept things that are out of your control and commit to changing things that can be changed to make your life better. In summary, ACT uses mindfulness and acceptance skills to develop a more flexible relationship with your thoughts, feelings, memories and sensations. Time is also taken to clarify what gives your life meaning, your values. Without being held back by tricky thoughts and feelings and with a new sense of purpose and direction, you can begin to build a more enriched and meaningful life.
The objective of ACT is not the elimination of difficult feelings; rather, it is to be present with what life brings us and to 'move toward valued behaviour'. To develop emotional /psychological resilience and flexibility through mindful practice.
Mindfulness is awareness - primary thinking, not judgement thinking – secondary thinking.
- It is an attitude of openness and curiosity (non-judgement).
- It is a process of learning.
- It is the art of living consciously.
ACT six core principles for psychological flexibility:
1. Acceptance: Allowing unwanted private experiences (thoughts, feelings, and urges) to come and go without struggling with them.
2. Cognitive defusion: Learning methods to reduce the tendency to reify thoughts, images, emotions, and memories.
3. Being present: Awareness of the here and now, experienced with openness, interest, and receptiveness (mindfulness).
4. The observing self: Accessing a transcendent sense of self, a continuity of consciousness which is unchanging.
5. Values: Discovering what is most important to oneself.
6. Committed action: Setting goals according to values and carrying them out responsibly, in the service of a meaningful life.
What is included in the training day?
The day will work through the theory and application of ACT, the six steps, and application of CBT, mindfulness, coaching etc.
For more details please contact Mark on 0121 251 6172 or reply to this email. The group size will be kept small to ensure you get the most from the day so please book quickly to avoid disappointment.
Class size and location: We keep the group size small to ensure you have plenty of time to get your questions answered.
Training will be live online via Zoom. When you book and pay you will receive an email with login details. The bonus is the day is recorded so all who attend will have exclusive access to the video afterwards.
Price and questions
if you have any questions, call Mark on +44(0)121 251 6172 or mobile/WhatsApp +44(0)7831 743737
This training will be live on zoom at the offer price of £100 (standard price £135)