Sharon Dyke HPD, CBT (hyp), SFBT (hyp), SFBT (hyp sup), HG dip Cert Ed
59 Priorswood Road
01823 332470 / 07766250113
I am a highly qualified and experienced Hypnotherapist, Supervisor and Lecturer, practising in Taunton. Using Solution Focused techniques, client's have had excellent results, I work with a wide range of customers (children and adults) who experience problems such as:
• Confidence • Phobias • Addictions • IBS • Weight issues • OCD • Self Harm • PTSD • Anger • Stress/anxiety • Depression • Panic attacks • Hypnobirthing
and many more..
My Background : I am a Solution Focused Clinical Hypnotherapist & Psychotherapist DHP, HPD, CBT (Hyp), SFBT (Hyp), SFBT Sup (Hyp) GQHP, HG Dip, Cert Ed, MNCH (Lic), LNCP, AfSFH GHR (Reg) UKASFP, UKCHO registration No. 82838 CNHC registration No. 000865-L10
I trained at The Clifton Practice, a recognised Centre of Excellence for hypnotherapy which was awarded Gold Standard in 2006.
The practice is known as one of the leading accredited Natural Health Centres in the South West, and I continue to access continuing professional development (CPD) and regular supervision from the centre's Founder and Lead Lecturer, David Newton.
In 2008 I was awarded the HPD Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma, independently accredited by NCFE and equivalent to NQF Level 4.
Additionally, I have trained in Human Givens Psychotherapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (hyp), Solution Focused Brief Therapy (hyp), Humanistic Counselling, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT).
I integrate these models to ensure every client's treatment plan is person-centred.
In 2009 I progressed with the opportunity to become self employed and I now practice Hypnotherapy from a clinic attached to my home in Taunton. It is a warm, friendly and professional environment and maintains confidentially at all times. For details of appointment times and costs, please view my costs page.
I am a member of, amongst others, the National Council for Hypnotherapy and subject to their Code of Ethics.
Member Organisations Below are the reputable and accredited organisations of which I am a member:
• Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapists • Hypnotherapy Register • The National Council of Hypnotherapy - MNCH (Lic) • The National Council of Psychotherapists • The General Hypnotherapy Register • UKCHO registration No 82838 • CNHC registration No 000865-L10 • NHSTA (Directory of complementary and alternative practitioners • United Kingdom Association For Solution Focused Practice
Training, qualifications & experience
- Qualifications My professional qualifications are:
• Diploma Solution Focused Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy
Solution Focused Business Professional Coach
• Hypnotherapy Practitioners Diploma
• Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Skills Level 4 (CBT Hyp) (Feb 2009)
• Diploma in Solution Focused Brief Therapy Level 4 (SFBT hyp)
• Solution Focused Supervision for Hypnotherapy Diploma (level 5)
• Diploma Human Givens Psychotherapy
• Substance misuse recognition, responses and referrals (level 2)
• Advanced practitioners substance misuse (level 3)
• Brief Interventions with Alcohol Users (Level 2)
• HNC Managing Health and Social Care
• HND Managing Health and Social Care
• Certificate in Education
• D32 D33 C25 Assessor and Coaching awards
• Smart Business Coaching level NCFE level 3
I specialise in working with people who experience Low Intensity Mental Health problems such as Depression and Anxiety and Phobia cures. My focus in this area came about following 20 years experience of working in Social Care environments, over time I became interested in the differences between conscious and subconscious behaviours whilst working specifically with people who experienced Mental Health problems and following much research it became apparent to me that Hypnotherapy can be a valuable tool and can help many people take charge of their lives and make desired changes. I continue to study and attend as many lectures as possible so I can keep up to date with any advancement in hypnotherapy and other related topics. I am 100% committed to hypnotherapy and creating positive changes. In December 2010 I qualified as a Clinical Supervisor for Hypnotherapists, this enables me to pass on my experience and further promote the hypnotherapy profession.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Initial consultation, includes Hypnotic Relaxation CD -£25
Solution Focused Hypnotherapy - £60 per session.
Smoking cessation - £150 for one session.
Supervision one to one - £60 per session.
Group supervision - £35 per session for a maximum of six sessions per year, this is paid at £17.50 per month by direct debit.
I run a friendly Hypnotherapy Clinic in Taunton, Somerset, as a Solutions Focused Hypnotherapist, I work with you at the centre helping to alleviate symptoms which may cause: Anxiety & Stress,Panic Attacks,Depression,Self-Harming,PTSD, Anger & Anger Management,Obsessions,Habit Changing,Phobias, Fear Conquering, Problem Solving,Confidence Building, Increasing Self-Esteem, as well as helping you overcome issues linked to Excessive Drinking, Substance Misuse, Weight Loss, Improve Performance in areas such as sports, music, presentations etc, Banish Exam Nerves... and the list goes on!
As a Solutions Focused Hypnotherapist in Taunton, I offer a free initial consultation that can last up to 30 minutes, during this time I will help you design your own treatment plan that determines the goals you wish to achieve. At the end of the consultation you'll receive a free Hypnotic Relaxation CD that may begin the process of bringing about positive change for you.
I hope you enjoy browsing through my website, please feel free to give me a call on Taunton 07766250113 or drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. I look forward to helping you get the confidence and motivation to change your life in a positive way using the Solutions Focused Approach.
Sharon Dyke-Hypnotherapist -Taunton-Somerset
Evening and weekend appointments are available