Marilyn Soghomonian BA(Hons), MBACP, DHP, MAPHP(Acc), MNCH, NLP(Master Prac)
I offer Professional, Compassionate & Confidential Therapy in Reading, Berkshire and the surrounding areas. I am an experienced Hypnotherapist & BACP Registered Therapeutic Counsellor (Integrative) and specialise in Eating Disorders & Weight Management. I offer a warm, gentle and yet powerful approach to therapy in a comfortable, caring and confidential environment.
If you are feeling distressed, anxious, depressed, fearful or simply unhappy with your life, then hypnotherapy and counselling can help. Hypnotherapy allows you to access your natural resources for change and to unleash your mind’s incredible and natural power to heal.
I provide a safe, non-judgemental, and private space for you to talk through your problems, to explore your thoughts, feelings, relationships, and patterns of behaviour, as well as to identify and release the underlying causes of your current difficulties.
Therapy sessions are tailored specifically for your individual needs, to ensure that you get the results you desire, and are conducted in a highly professional & ethical manner. You will receive the support you need to help you overcome any emotional or psychological problems you may be experiencing.
Training, qualifications & experience
In Private Practice since 2008, Individual therapy for Adults 18yrs +
Worked as a Volunteer Counsellor at Berkshire NHS Eating Disorders Service at Erleigh Road, Reading, Berkshire, from 2014 to 2016.
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Integrative) - CPCAB
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy – Royal Berkshire College of Clinical Hypnosis
- Certificate Ericksonian Hypnosis – Think Big Education
- Diploma Master Practitioner Eating Disorders & Obesity(Accredited by the British Psychological Society) – National Centre for Eating Disorders
- Certificate in Nutritional Skills for Eating Disorders – National Centre for Eating Disorders
- Certificate Practitioner Skills in Obesity Management – National Centre for Eating Disorders
- Licensed Hypno-Band Practitioner - Hypno-Band Weight Loss System
- Master Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- EFT Practitioner Certificate (Emotional Freedom Technique)
- Practitioner Diploma in the Art and Science of Neuro Linguistic Programming & Clean Language – NLP Northeast
- Diploma Personal & Professional Coach – The Coaching Academy (Accredited)
- BA(Hons) Degree in English and American Literature - University of Kent at Canterbury, UK
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Specialist for food, body image and weight issues.
Licensed Hypno-Band Practitioner
Master Practitioner for Weight Management, Eating Disorders & Obesity -
Weight Loss & Maintenance without dieting.
Photos & videos
Free 30 minute Consultation
Individual sessions £65 per 50 minutes
For further details please visit my website: www.quantumleaptherapy.com
I am a Member of the following Professional Associations and abide by their Code of Ethics:
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy - (BACP) Registered Member
The Association for Professional Hypnosis and Psychotherapy - (APHP) Accredited Member
General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR) - Registered Member
National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH) - Registered Member
Association for the Advancement of Meridian Energy Techniques (AAMET)
National Centre for Eating Disorders (NCFED) - Affiliate Member
Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Also registered with Counselling Directory
Monday to Friday 9:30am to 6:00pm Saturday 10:30am to 5:00pm Evening Appointments on Thursdays 6:00pm to 8:00pm