A R W Building
Baldock Development Estate
01462 643426 / 0797 66 44 88 2
Anxious? Depressed? Panic Attacks? Fearful? ......... Regain Control Of Your Life!
You may have tried other approaches to resolve your issues. I specialise in working with individuals who still desire a way forward.
I work in partnership with you to discover the cause of their problem, determine strategies to overcome the impact of the problem and assist you regain control and lead a more fulfilling life.
As human beings we possess all of the resources that we need to lead happy and successful lives. Unfortunately during the course of our lives, experiences and events can trigger involuntary emotional responses and unwanted behaviour which hamper the use of these resources.
When involuntary emotional responses do occur e.g. panic attack, we become pre-occupied with seeking a logical explanation for our responses. The resulting over reliance on the logical part of our brain to solve or manage the emotional responses ensures we neglect the intuitive and imaginative unconscious (sub conscious) part of our brain, which stores the memory that causes the unwanted response. Consequently we often find ourselves feeling angry, frustrated, powerless, etc because our logic is unable to stop the unwanted behaviour.
The unconscious (sub conscious) part of the brain stores memories and controls certain auto pilot actions e.g. heart rate, pulse, metabolism, breathing etc, manages our emotions, formulates productive habits, and the occasional bad habit, provides motivation and is the centre of our immense imagination.
The central theme of my work with an individual is to identify and resolve the emotion, which triggers the unwanted behaviour and to restore harmony between these two parts of the brain.
Training, qualifications & experience
My professional training includes:
- Hypnotherapy Foundation and Diploma in Hypnotherapy courses at the highly respected and long established Atkinson Ball College.
- Ericksonian Hypnotherapy and NLP Practitioner and NLP Coach Qualifications with Igor Ledochowski.
- Time Line Therapy
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) Practitioner
- Stage Hypnosis with Jonathan Chase
- IdeoDynamic therapy with Norman Vaughton
- Member of the General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR)
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Fear of flying
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Photos & videos
All potential clients receive a free telephone assessment to identify what areas of work we will undertake together.
Prices on application
- M.E./chronic fatigue, is it really a benefit?
- Panic attacks, are they something to avoid?
- Panic, a form of naturally occurring hypnosis
Areas of Particular Expertise:
Although you may realise that a panic attack is fuelled by your imagination, it does not curb the frightening and real feelings generated during the experience. The first attack starts without warning and thereafter you try to use logic to discover the cause in order to establish control again. In my experience, there are broadly two types of experience:
- The attacks start in the late teens or early twenties as a person gains more responsibilities and get progressively worse until a plateau is reached.
- Attacks, which start as a result of a serious or traumatic event.
I work with individuals to identify the feelings that need to be expressed and identify the underlying emotional causes. In some instances there is a need to address the tiredness which can accompany the depression. I particularly favour the use of coaching techniques to assist individuals embrace their lives again.
I have extensive experience of this difficult area and I am committed to a service, which is confidential, promotes trust and is sensitive to the individual.
The main thrust of my programme is to identify the underlying psychological reasons for the condition and address these to enable real change to occur.
I work with individuals and organisations teaching techniques to effectively manage stress.
The main focus of my work is to identify the conflicting feelings that exist on a conscious and unconscious level with a view to you enjoying their life again.
I am often told, I only smoke because I have no willpower. My reply is generally, Do you drink? If the answer is Yes, I will always ask; Why are you not an alcoholic? Therefore it is clear that the need to smoke is not logical! I am passionate about assisting individuals find the emotional reasons for their smoking. Once you remove the emotional need to smoke, a person will never need to smoke again.
By removing any barriers to maximising your performance, building confidence, setting goals, improving concentration and resolving any anxiety; you can make full use of your skills, competence and expertise. E.G. the senior executive who cannot achieve the promotion their competencies deserve because of anger management issues or the horse rider who has lost their confidence.
- Also registered with Life Coach Directory
Monday - Friday 9.30am - last appointment 6pm