Masha Bennett UKCP Reg Psychotherapist, GHR Senior Hypnotherapist & Supervisor
07887 617558 / 07887 617558
Please note that the current waiting time for new clients is 6-8 weeks.
If you require professional, safe, gentle and confidential help, I can offer treatment for a wide range of issues, including addictions, anxiety, phobias, trauma / PTSD, eating disorders, insomnia, depression, OCD, low confidence, chronic stress, perfectionism, relationship problems, identity issues, tension, pains and aches.
Adults (both individuals and couples), children and adolescents are welcome in my practice. I do not guarantee "quick fixes" - instead, we will focus on your individual needs and together devise your individual, unique treatment programme, to produce sustainable results as quickly, safely and effectively as possible.
I see clients in my private therapy practice in Glossop. Some types of treatment can also be conducted over the telephone and online, depending on the type of issue and the level of complexity. I can offer therapy in Russian as well as in English.
I have 16 years of experience of helping people to overcome many distressing issues and obstacles and to achieve their goals and dreams. I am an accredited neurolinguistic psychotherapist registered with UKCP, and use Hypnotherapy as part of an integrated approach within my psychotherapeutic practice, alongside NLP, EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques), EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing), CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) and Sandplay Therapy.
I have 7 years of experience of working in the NHS as a psychotherapist (including in a mental health service, staff support team, health psychology services, and as an EMDR therapist in a research project), and some years of experience in addiction treatment, including managing a drug rehab in a women's prison.
Therapy for therapists
Many of my clients are other therapists, counsellors and mental health professionals - if you are a therapist seeking help we can work together to address either work-related or personal issues - you can find more information on the Therapy for Therapists page on my website http://www.practicalhappiness.co.uk/pages/services/therapy-for-therapists.php . If you are a trainee neurolinguistic psychotherapist, personal therapy with me will count towards your accreditation requirements with NLPtCA.
Full-day intensive treatment
In addition to standard 1 hour sessions, I may be occasionally able to offer full-day and half-day intensive therapy. You may want to consider this option if you live too far to travel for regular sessions, or if you prefer an intensive intervention. (Please note that this form of treatment suits some people very well but may not be appropriate for others - if you are interested in this way of working with me, please enquire).
Training and workshops
I teach courses on subjects such as Self-hypnosis, Trauma Awareness, Good Night's Sleep, EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) and other subjects in the UK and 9 other countries around the world, in continental Europe, Middle East and Asia. I am an associate trainer with the Northern Guild for Psychotherapy www.northernguild.org, and have been a regular quest trainer at the National Centre for Eating Disorders www.eating-disorders.org.uk, Claudius Drug Training www.claudiusdrugtraining.co.uk and other organisations in the UK and internationally.
I am an approved hypnotherapy supervisor with the General Hypnotherapy Register, and welcome enquiries from therapists and hypnotherapy students who wish to receive professional supervision and support to enhance and develop their clinical practice. Additionally, I offer supervision to counsellors, psychotherapists, NLP practitioners, EFT practitioners and other mental health professionals.
Emotional Freedom Techniques
You can see my YouTube video introducing EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) basics here:
For those who are already familiar with this great self-help and therapeutic technique, here is another video, with some of my favourite tips for troubleshooting:
Training, qualifications & experience
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS
* MSc Therapeutic Practice in Psychological Trauma.
* UKCP Registered Psychotherapist.
* GHR Registered Senior Hypnotherapist.
* GHR Hypnotherapy Supervisor.
* AAMET Accredited Master Trainer of Trainers in EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques).
* AAMET Advanced EFT Practitioner.
* Postgraduate Diploma in Neurolinguistic Psychotherapy.
* Post-Qualifying Diploma in Child Psychotherapy (pending)
* EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing) - EMDR Europe Accredited Practitioner.
* EMDR for Children & Adolescents (Parts 1 and 2).
* EMDR for Attachment and Complex Trauma.
* Metaphors of Movement Levels 1, 2 and 3.
* Licensed Hypnotension Practitioner.
* Certificate in Integrative Sandplay Therapy (attended as CPD).
* Certificate in Therapeutic Art (attended as CPD)
* Diploma in Therapeutic Art (attended as CPD)
* Certificate in Supervision Skills.
* Practitioner of IEMT (Integral Eye Movement Therapy).
* 1 year postgraduate level training in Cognitive Therapy (attended as CPD).
* 1 year postgraduate level training in Play Therapy (attended as CPD).
* Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Dissociative Seizures (attended as CPD).
* Postgraduate-level modules in Weight Management at Chester University (attended as CPD).
* Practitioner Skills for Eating Disorders / Obesity Management.
* The Relate Institute training in Working with Couples (attended as CPD).
* Certificates in Workplace Mediation / Mediation with Teams.
* Animal-Assisted Interventions in Therapeutic Practice.
* NLP Master Practitioner.
* The Open University Diploma in Health & Social Care.
* Professional Development Award in Creative Therapy.
* Certificate in Sexual Minority Therapy (Gay Affirmative Therapy).
* Certificate in Executive Coaching.
* Home Office Accredited Drug Treatment Programme Facilitator.
* Home Office Accredited Drug Treatment Manager.
* Psychotherapist, Hypnotherapist and Trainer in private practice (since 2004 - current).
* Associate Therapist with Tiptoes Child Therapy Services (current)
* Associate Tutor with the Northern Guild for Psychotherapy.
* Psychotherapist with the Health Psychology Service / Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust.
* Child Counsellor/Psychotherapist with Xenon Ltd.
* Addiction and Trauma Psychotherapist with KeyRing.
* EMDR Therapist with Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust.
* Psychological Therapist/Counsellor with the Resolve Staff Support Service / Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Trust.
* IAPT High Intensity Therapist with Tameside and Glossop Primary Care Mental Health Service.
* Therapist at Ivydene Children's Home.
* Well Being Centre Manager with The Big Life group.
* Prison Drug Treatment Manager with Phoenix House.
* Accredited Programme Tutor with the National Probation Service.
* Tutor in Trauma Counselling with Challenges Worldwide / international development project in Sri Lanka.
* Volunteer Counsellor with BeatBullying.
* Volunteer Play Therapist with Ludworth Primary School.
* Volunteer Therapist with the National Phobics Society (now Anxiety UK).
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Stress *
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Abuse, Trauma, Self-harm, Internal Conflict, LGBT issues, High Blood Pressure (Hypnotension programme), Children's issues, Personal development.
You can find a handout with a simple relaxation technique on my website here http://www.practicalhappiness.co.uk/pages/documents-downloads.php (scroll down to "Simple Relaxation 5-4-3-2-1" - and feel free to download any other handouts on the page that you like the look of). This is one of my favourites as it is easy, quick and works for most people. Especially good for insomnia, and when you are anxiously waiting for something (exam, test, difficult meeting, job interview) - really helpful for calming down the over-active mind.
Additional therapies available include: Sandplay Therapy, Sound Therapy, Ecotherapy (healing with nature), Clean Language & Symbolic Modelling, EmoTrance, Somatic Experiencing (a type of body psychotherapy), the Meaningful Existence Model, Life Coaching and Executive Coaching.
An initial telephone consultation of up to 20 minutes is free - or if your prefer we could have our initial discussion by email.
During the first face-to-face consultation (lasting 1 hour 30 minutes), the first 30 minutes are free, and if after 30 minutes you decide that I am not the best therapist for you and do not wish to continue, there will be nothing to pay.
My standard fees are £80 per session (a generous hour).
For fees on full-day and half-day intensive sessions, please enquire.
Concessions are available to those on low income, to war veterans, and workers of emergency services traumatised in the course of their duties.
Half-price treatment of £40 is available for children and adolescents (further discount can be negotiated for families on low income).
For supervision, I currently offer reduced cost sessions (£50 instead of the standard £80), for supervisees starting before end of March 2017.
If you are a member of BUPA or with some other health insurers the bulk of the cost could be covered by them (please enquire).
To comply with the ethical guidelines of my professional associations, to improve the quality of my service and to ensure safety and wellbeing of my clients I undertake regular clinical supervision with a highly experienced psychotherapist and UKCP registered supervisor, as well as an approved EMDR consultant. I also undertake extensive Continuous Professional Development activities every year in order to enhance my skills and deepen my knowledge, to offer you the best support and treatment possible.
I am fully insured to practise and hold an up-to-date Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (former CRB) Certificate - this and the evidence of my qualifications are available for inspection on request.
- Also registered with Counselling Directory
Daytime and some evenings may be available.