101 Farnham Road
Holistic Health Ltd
3 Chobham Road
I have been a full time Hypnotherapist and Life Coach since 2002. I receive referrals from dentists, doctors and medical consultants and I am the Hypnotherapist at the Surrey Park Clinic in Guildford (a medical practice specialising in hormonal and fertility issues).
I always respond quickly to any enquiry: if you phone, in most cases you will speak to me or my PA (not voice mail), if you email you will get a response the same day but definitely within 24 hours. Please make sure that you enter the correct contact information and check your junk email folder if you do not receive an email response within 24 hours.
Areas that I have a lot of experience in helping with:
- Weight-loss (weight loss / control without dieting)
- Smoking Cessation (if you want to quit smoking)
- Fears & Phobias
- Childbirth - Hypnobirthing
- Emotional Issues
- Sporting Performance
- Medical Issues (like Irritable Bowel Syndrome, IBS and Chronic Pain)
Approach - what to expect
My approach is "down to earth" in that I do not promote any spiritual or "New Age" theories. I use traditional Hypnotherapy techniques, Cognitive-Behavioural techniques as well as Neuro-Linguistic Programming (both Classic Code and New Code, as taught by John Grinder one of the co-creators of NLP).
What is Hypnosis?
Hypnosis is an extremely powerful frame of mind that is often misunderstood and misrepresented. Hypnotherapy can be regarded as teaching you how to apply these powerful frames of mind to the problems you come to address.
- Hypnosis is a normal state utilising a frame of mind that may be accessed by everyone up to four to eight times every hour
- Hypnosis is a state of mental calm (sometimes associated with feelings of physical relaxation - although not necessarily physical inactivity)
- Hypnosis is a state of increased awareness (it is said that ones awareness increases by up to 3,000% in hypnosis)
- Hypnosis is a state of increased focus and concentration
- Hypnosis allows one to use a safe environment to devise new ways of thinking and behaving that are readily accessible during the problem situation.
I see people at my main practice in Guildford and at the Holistic Health Centre in Woking.
Training, qualifications & experience
I received my initial training at the School of Analytical and Cognitive Hypnotherapy and Integrative Psychotherapy. This course is NCFE accredited.
Since then I have been involved in a programme of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in which I always exceed the requirements of my registration body. Much of this training does not produce a qualification but I have added an Advanced Certificate in Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy and other NCFE accredited qualifications including a Certificate in Life Coaching, Diploma in Life Coaching and Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma (HPD).
I am also hold a qualification in Inner Power Hypnobirthing (the use of hypnosis to assist women with a natural child birth), having been trained personally by its creator Paola Bagnall.
I am registered with the General Hypnotherapy Register and have the SQHP (Senior Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice) as awarded by that body. I am also an approved Hypnotherapy Supervisor.
If you require additional information or you would like to book a free introductory session (Guildford Main Practice only), you can email me or ring me.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Stop Smoking £250 (single session with two free backup sessions in the first 6 months, if required)
Other issues £70 per session (approx 60 minutes) Guildford or £80 Woking
Life Coaching £280 (4 sessions)
Hypnobirthing charges vary depending on whether you have three (the ideal), two or one session and can be found on the website.
Free introductory sessions lasting 30 minutes available at my Guildford Main Practice only.
Location and Appointments
My practices are located close to Guildford and Woking town centres. My practice in Guildford benefits from off-street parking.
Appointment times in Guildford are most flexible where I can provide early morning, late evening and Saturday appointments. Normal times in Guildford are:
9:00am - 9:00pm Weekdays
9:00am - 5:00pm Saturdays