Karen April Mills CNHC Registered MIBWRT
28 Sycamore Avenue
01909 515585 / 07830 930993
Hello, I've been running a successful practice for over 9 years and offer a professional, warm and confidential hypnotherapy service to clients throughout Sheffield, Rotherham and Worksop areas.
I'm a fully qualified and insured clinical Hypnotherapist and Counsellor and began my extensive training back in 2002. I am also a full member of the Hypnotherapy Association, registered with the CNHC (Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council) and a member of the Institute of Brainworking Recursive Therapy.
How can I help?
I specialise in treating a wide range of psychological / health problems, including help with anxiety disorders, depression, trauma, fears and phobias, pain relief, weight loss and stopping smoking.
I believe that each client is a unique individual so am committed to helping people to achieve their own personal goals in a safe, private and comfortable environment. My practice has a private therapy room set in quiet, peaceful surroundings where clients are able to relax and unwind during therapy sessions without being disturbed. It is located in Kiveton Park and is easily accessible via the A57 or M1 (Junction 31).
I offer prospective clients a free telephone or Skpe assessment to ensure that I can help you with your problem. During the first face to face consultation, I will take a full assessment of your needs so we can plan how many sessions you may need to achieve your goals, before starting the therapy straightaway. I allow up to 2 hours for each consultation.
Please note that I now offer Skype sessions for BWRT(R). Please contact me for details.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am professionally qualified to Diploma level in Hypnotherapy, Counselling and Neuro-Linguistic Programming and are committed to regular continuous professional development training. My specialised certificates include training in:-
- Counselling Skills & Theory Certificate (Rother Valley College) 2003
- Diploma in Counselling 2006 (Open College)
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy 2006 (Open College)
- Diploma in Neuro-Linguistic Programming 2006 (Open College)
- Professional Hypnotherapy Training 2006 (British Academy of Hypnosis)
- Pain Relief Professional Training 2006 (British Academy of Hypnosis)
- Uncommon Knowledge Online Training Certificate - How to lift depression quickly 2007.
- Uncommon Knowledge Online Training Certificate - The Rewind Technique 2008.
- Uncommon Knowledge Online Training Certificate - Precision Hypnosis 2009.
- Hypno-Band Licensed Practitioner - 2011.
- Uncommon Knowledge Online Training Certificate - How to Stop Anyone Smoking 2011.
- Hypnotension - Certified Hypnotension Practitioner 2012.
- Terence Watts - Certificate in WSN Counselling & Coaching (level 1) 2012.
- Terence Watts - Certificate in Serious Work for Serious Issues 2013.
- The Essex Institute Certificate of Advanced Study in Brainworking Recursive TherapyR - Terence Watts 2014.
- Terence Watts - Certificate in WSN Counselling & Coaching (level 2 advanced) 2015.
- The Hypnotherapy Association (Registration Number 2245)
- CNHC Registered (Number 001663-L10)
- Registered WSN Advanced Counselling & Coaching Practitioner
- Registered Member of The Institute of Brainworking Recursive Therapy(R)
- Licensed HypnoBand Practitioner
- Registered Hypnotension Practitioner
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Hypnotension Certified Practitioner to help Reduce High Blood Pressure
Hypno-Band Licensed Practitioner (Gastric Band Hypnotherapy)
BWRT(R) A non hypnosis method of psychology and psychotherapy created by Terence Watts MCGI.
£50.00 per 2 hour session for all standard treatments.
Free 30 minute initial assessment included in the first consultation.
£50.00 per 60 minute Skype session for BWRT(R)
STOP SMOKING £80.00 for a 2.5 hour 'Stop Smoking' session - many people are able to stop smoking after just one session!
Hypno-Band (Gastric Band Hypnotherapy) Weight Loss System 4 session course £245.00
HYPNOTHERAPY RECORDINGS TO SUPPORT CLIENT SESSIONS OUTSIDE OF THE THERAPY ROOM ARE AVAILABLE, ALL OF WHICH ARE INCLUDED IN THE CONSULTATION FEE.
"I visited Karen to help with my weight the hypnoband was brilliant I have lost a stone in 5 weeks better than any slimming club I have previously attended. She is a great person and puts you at total ease money well spent"
"I went for a stop smoking session 3 years ago. I stopped smoking that day, after one session, and I am still a non smoker today. I had smoked roll ups for over 20 years and had tried all other types of smoking cessation aids, some prescribed by the doctor and some not. Tablets, nasal sprays, gum, group sessions, everything. My visit to Karen was a last ditch attempt at stopping and it worked for me. Thankyou"
"I visited Karen for my facial blushing anxiety - I have suffered from facial blushing for around 8 years and even tho this has improved throughout the years I still suffer from anxiety in situations where I would usually blush. Karen was so friendly and such a lovely lady but was also very professional and made me feel so at ease. We did the BWRT method and for me it worked wonders - I visited Karen twice altogether and can honestly say my anxiety has improved unbelievably. I cannot thank Karen enough - she's such a lovely lady who is amazing at her profession"
Available for appointments Mondays to Thursdays 12pm until 7:30pm. Please note that the last appointment time is around 5:30pm.