Victoria Smith-Gillard Dip.CBH GQHP
60 Churchill Square
M C C H Live It Well
84 Holland Road
01634 216675 / 07949 859470
Hi, my name is Victoria and I am a qualified Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapist covering the Rochester, Chatham, Maidstone & Kings Hill, West Malling areas.
I feel therapy is two-way, I aim to guide you to make desired, positive changes in how you think, feel and behave with your goal (where you want to be) in mind. For you to be able to talk things through and for me to actively listen, gather information, and devise and implement a therapy plan with you. Whilst in hypnosis, you can experience a sense of relaxation, as well as changes to your physiology and breathing that support that relaxation.
My mission is to help make a positive and lasting difference to anyone who’s ready for, and committed, open and willing to change. Sensing that change in someone you’ve worked with, who’s striving to change their life for the better… that makes my job worthwhile. My wish is to help many people over my lifetime!
And remember, by coming to see me, you are investing in yourself as much as you are in me!
So what can you expect at your first session.
- Your first session is the initial consultation, you will need to allow 90 minutes for this session (60 minutes per session thereafter). This allows me as the therapist to take detailed information about you, your lifestyle, expectations and previous experiences (if any) of hypnotherapy and other therapies, medical history, the problem itself, where you feel you are right now and where you want to be (your therapy goal).
- From this information, we can devise a plan for therapy, and this will be an individual approach, unique to you and your circumstances. It may be an integrated approach involving aspects of other therapies that I use, so we can get the most out of a session for you. There is a few forms we need to complete together, and again part of the session will be given over to that procedure. As well as possible insights and reflections, some therapy will take place during the first session, be that Hypnotherapy or another therapy technique, which can start to move you forward until our next session.
- The session also allows you as a client to discuss any questions or concerns that you may have at that time, if we haven't discussed them already, and to offer any further information that you feel would be relevant for me to know, as well as getting to know how I work with my clients and whether this works for you and you are happy to continue with therapy with me. I wish my clients to feel re-assured as they start therapy with me, so please feel free to ask those questions. Various payment options available, so please do contact me to discuss this further.
Feedback from my clients:
"The issue I sought help with addressing was comfort eating. I had a pattern of seeking out food, especially sugar, when feeling stressed or under par. From the work with Victoria I managed to get a grip on the comfort eating and stop reaching for the sugar whenever I felt unhappy. This is an amazing result as this is a lifelong pattern that we have dissipated. I really liked working with Victoria because she took the time to get to know me better and how I like to work. I'm the sort of person who likes to know why things are the way they are. And so Victoria gave me exercises to learn more about the drivers for my behaviour so to increase my understanding and sense of control over the situation. I think that Victoria's approach of integrating several therapies into a session worked really well as she had more tools available to best respond to my needs. Particularly when we did the parts work I got insights about myself that were a surprise to me, but which made complete sense once I knew about it consciously. I would definitely recommend Victoria based on the work we did together." Hazel A.
"I came to Victoria, as I was looking for help in changing my mindset about losing weight and reducing cravings. As a result of the sessions we had, I feel much more in control of the food I am eating. Victoria gave me tools to use to combat the cravings and hypnotherapy to meet my mindset. I found Victoria to be a great choice for me to work with because of her caring, positive nature. I found the confidence that she showed in me that I would be able to achieve my goals spurred me on. Other benefits of working with Victoria have been to open my eyes to the fact that there is a very strong bond between the mind and the body and that by using our minds in a positive way, we can have a positive influence on our bodies. I am happy to recommend Victoria to others as I feel she is a very competent therapist, with a huge amount of skill and knowledge.
Victoria has a knack of pinpointing issues that may be affecting your mindset, that you may not even realise yourself. During our first session, there were issues that came up that we had not arranged to discuss, but that Victoria felt it would be useful to deal with first. This approach proved very successful and I believe ensured that the following sessions were more effective." Helen W.
"I found the time that I spent with Victoria very therapeutic. The hypnosis was very beneficial and I felt very calm and peaceful considering what is going on in my life at present. She gave me advice and taught me some valuable ideas on how to relax and cope with the stresses I am experiencing. I felt totally at ease in her company and find I am still using the techniques that she shared with me to allow me to cope or when I need a little me time or to just relax. She is a fantastic listener and gives you advice and guidance on how you can improve yourself or situation. I would recommend her 100%". Joanne R.
"Thank you again for the coaching. With your help and support I have been able to overcome my anxiety over assessments so that I no longer have panic attacks before them. I have also found that the techniques we used have been useful in other areas of my life. You have been gentle and encouraging while at the same time pushing me to make commitments and explore boundaries." Jane C.
If you would like to find out more about how I can help you, please get in touch. I look forward to meeting you all, wherever you are along the journey of your life.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have trained with the Kent College of Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy and The Coaching Academy. I am currently training in Life Coaching with the Kent College of Hypnotherapy. I like to consider myself as a life-long learner, so I may give the best to my clients and learn about new knowledge and techniques consistently.
- Registered with the GHR and fully insured.
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy (Hypnotherapy + CBT), incorporating Psychology of Selves and metaphysical approaches.
- Certified Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioner
- Trained in EFT and EMDR delivery
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health
- Certified Rahanni Celestial Healing Practitioner
- Certified Life Coach
Being made redundant in 2014 and with life circumstances repeating themselves, I feel I was handed a special opportunity to step back. To move from grieving my loss, to driving forward, motivated to make the most of my life. To clarify my values. Follow my heart…and pursue what I now believe has always been my purpose in life – to be a healer – in so many ways that I had never imagined.
I thought about it: my childhood, interests, intuition and spirituality, my love of learning – especially psychology and the connection between our minds and our bodies – and even the direction of my career and the redundancy, I feel these were all stepping stones towards this purpose. So I took the risk. Stepped out of my comfort zone. Embarked on my training not completely knowing where that particular journey would take me, but knowing I was moving forward on the path I wanted to be on, and excited about the possibility of achieving my higher potential and the opportunities to serve that it may bring, whatever was and is meant for me.
"Learning (for a client or therapist) is never the end...but a new beginning of self-development and growth"
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Fibromyalgia & Chronic Illness
- Inner Child
- Eating Habits e.g.comfort, emotional, food cravings
- Hypnotherapy - £60 per 1hr session; £120 - 2hour Stop Smoking Package.
- Concessions available.
- All fees are subject to regular review.
- Mobile appointments are available upon request.
A little more about me.
I am a very intuitive, spiritual person spending most of my time crafting, writing, in Nature, reading and singing – and both creativity and intuition can help guide and personalise a therapy session. Occasionally, you will even find me with a camera in hand, as I love to capture the beauty of Mother Earth for my writing and card-making. I enjoy being around animals, I’ve worked with them for over 7 years, so my healing work now includes animals, and I am now also training in Animal Communication to gain a Diploma in 2018, and am already a Certified Canine Flow Practitioner, using this heart-based training technique to help dogs manage their emotions and for owners to understanding them emotionally as well, and how they can help, creating a better unity between the two.
I have a keen and personal interest in complementary medicine and therapies, nutrition and getting to know and love your true self. I love to learn, always have, and enjoy exploring how I can further and expand on my knowledge to serve my clients best. I have a great understanding of Fibromyalgia and its mental/physical effects, having suffered with this disease since 2003 and benefited greatly from my self-development, awareness of the mind-body connection, nutrition and exercise.
I have a keen interest in helping clients to reduce, and sometimes eliminate, symptoms of dis-ease/illness, by addressing any emotional factors or behaviours, like stress, that may be having an impact on those symptoms. I take an integrated approach to dealing with this, and bring into my therapy the metaphysical side of what their body, or their Highest Self may be trying to tell them, as the area and side of the body can offer up information.
I work with a charity called Future First, helping to inspire our future generations to achieve their potential...perhaps even their dream...by featuring on one of the charity's posters.
I also work as an Energy Healer, offering Rahanni Celestial Healing - which is centred on working with the heart energy centre to open it to truth love and compassion. Working with the problem(s) a client presents with, the aim of Rahanni is to help bring balance and harmony to the mind, body and soul, emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually. Please feel free to visit my website for more detailed information about Rahanni, and ask me any questions you may have.
Rahanni Celestial Healing:
£30 - 60 minutes (adults)
£15 - 30 minutes (children)
£20 - 40 minutes (animals)
£30 - 60 minutes (animals)
All fees subject to regular review.
Rochester: daytime appointments only, weekdays and Saturdays. Blue Boar car park is less than 5 minutes walk away. Rail and bus links close by also.
Taster and full sessions available at various Psychic Fayres, please enquire within. Animals sessions are at their place of residence/stable,etc.
Hypnotherapy & Integrative Therapies:
MCCH, Live It Well, 84 Holland Road, Maidstone, ME14 1UT (on/off-road parking) - Monday-Sunday
Churchill Square, Kings Hill, West Malling (parking available) - Mondays, other times may be available
Mon – Fri 9am – 7pm Saturday 10am - 5pm Sunday 10am - 4pm