Tom Turner - BSc (Psychology), MHS Accred, MNCS Accred, MBPS
26 Preston Road
Since I began my career lecturing in psychology at the University of Leeds in the early 90s, then working within the NHS through to the present day, I have been passionate about using the study of psychology to dramatically improve people’s lives. I can help you to feel happier, more fulfilled, more confident, calm and relaxed by developing the strength and resilience you need to take control of your life and overcome the problems that you face. Hypnosis is a powerful tool to help you achieve this, allowing you to better access your inner mental resources and making you better able to cope with life's challenges.
I am able to treat most problems and issues, but have particular expertise in helping people achieve behavioural change (such as weight loss, including Gastric Band Hypnotherapy, and stopping smoking), treating anxiety, panic, stress, anger and fears, sexual problems as well as increasing self-confidence and personal resilience.
We all experience problems in our lives that cause us emotional upset and distress. It can be said that a life without disappointments and stresses would be less of a life. It is also true that some people have more than their share of the bad things. However, whilst some people who experience huge problems in life seem to get through with their strength increased and their spirits high others are completely knocked off course.
When we look at those who cope well with life’s challenges, there are big similarities. People who cope are like a tree that bends in the wind. The tree cannot change the wind or hide from it, but instead it grows in flexibility and strength by bending with the wind. It uses the wind to grow, and grow stronger. These more resilient people have a set of skills and attitudes that enable them to respond more positively to problems and difficulties. What those who cope better just seem to do instinctively can be taught and acquired by everyone. I can help you acquire these skills and attitudes and allow you to become your own therapist with the solutions to the future difficulties you may face in your hands.
Please contact me for a free, no obligation discussion of your problem and how I could help you.
Training, qualifications & experience
As well as Hypnosis I am qualified in the use of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and NLP:
- BSc (Hons) Psychology, Leeds University
- Diploma In Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, The Institute of Counselling (University of West Scotland)
- CPPD in Clinical Hypnosis, The London College of Clinical Hypnosis (University of West London)
- Accredited Member of the National Counselling Society
- Accredited Member of the National Hypnotherapy Society
- Member of the British Psychological Society
- Qualified in the use of various Personality Instruments including: Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Step I and II, Occupational Personality Questionnaire (OPQ), FIRO-B and NEO-PIR
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Sexual Problems such as Erectile Dysfunction, Vaginismus, Inorgasmia
My fees are dependent on the nature of the request and the circumstances of the client, so please contact me to discuss.
We have most availability between 9.30am and 5.30pm but do offer some early evening appointments e.g. 6.00pm.