Teresa Lewis MSc PgDip BA(Hons) DipHyp MBACP(Snr Accred) GHRreg MAC
Lewis Psychology CIC
93 Tettenhall Road
01902 827808 / 0774 888 5614
Teresa Lewis is a Senior Accredited therapist with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP Snr. Accred). During her 21 years of active clinical practice Teresa has completed over 15,000 therapy sessions and has successfully dealt with a wide range of issues from anger management to health anxiety. Teresa holds a Masters degree in counselling and psychotherapy and is a qualified EMDR Practitioner having completed training accredited with EMDR Europe.
Teresa is a trained adult educator and has lectured extensively in the field of counselling and psychotherapy. She is also an Accredited mindfulness teacher and currently divides her time between clinical practice and teaching. As a recognised expert in her field Teresa is frequently asked to conduct editorial reviews and endorse counselling and psychotherapy books for international publishing houses.
Teresa is a validated hypnotherapy practitioner with The General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GHSC) and the General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR).
As founder and co-director of multi-award winning Lewis Psychology Teresa is a proactive and dynamic professional, combining extensive executive management experience with a successful background at senior command level. She has built a reputation as an innovative and creative practitioner working across a broad range of areas that encompass both clinical and non clinical issues.
Teresa uses a combination of advanced hypnotherapy skills and evidence based psychological approaches, which are informed by the latest neuroscientific research. The approaches used include a combination of Hypnosis, Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) and Positive Psychology.
Teresa bases her approach on the latest neuroscientific research and the coming together of psychology with neurology. She will show you many effective ways to stimulate and strengthen key states of mind thereby activating and rewiring the brain.
MINDFULNESS TRAINING COURSES WITH TERESA LEWIS
Teresa regularly delivers an 8 week Mindfulness for Stress course. The Mindfulness course consists of 8 x 2-hour group sessions, where there will be guided mindfulness practice and theoretical teachings. Each week participants are taught a number of different mindfulness practices that can be incorporated into daily life to reduce stress and aid general wellbeing.
To find out more about our Mindfulness for Stress Course please click: Mindfulness For Stress, Wolverhampton
Teresa also delivers a Mindful Wellbeing Graduates course for graduates of her Mindfulness for Stress course and other accredited 8 week mindfulness courses. The course comprises 6 x monthly 2-hour classes where participants will develop their mindfulness practice and learn more about how the mind works and the factors that can help them to have a more fulfilling life. Practices are grounded in modern neuroscience and psychotherapy thus offering a fascinating synthesis of contemplative practice and new brain science.
Lewis Psychology operate from a beautiful Victorian building just 10 minutes walk from Wolverhampton town centre. The building, Berrington Lodge, was originally built in 1866 by renowned architect George Bidlake. It has been renovated to an exceptionally high standard and hosts several hypnotherapy rooms, a private waiting area and free off road car parking.
AVAILABILITY OF SERVICES
Lewis Psychology’s head office is at 93 Tettenhall Road, Wolverhampton, WV3 9PE.
HOW TO FIND LEWIS PSYCHOLOGY CIC
- By car: Lewis Psychology CIC is on Tettenhall Road (A41) approximately a half a mile from Wolverhampton town centre. Abbeyfield Parkdale residential home is to the left and the Shell garage to the right.
- By bus: If you are travelling via public transport Lewis Psychology CIC is on the Tettenhall bus route (bus number one) from Wolverhampton bus station. You will need to get off the bus on Tettenhall Road just before the Shell garage. The bus stop is directly outside Abbeyfield Parkdale residential home.
- By foot: Approximately a 10 to 15 minute walk from Wolverhampton city centre.
PRACTICE OPENING TIMES
8:20am to 8:10pm
8:20am to 8:10pm
8:20am to 8:10pm
8:20am to 8:10pm
8:20am to 8:10pm
9.00am to 7:00pm
ENQUIRIES AND BOOKING INFORMATION
Telephone: (01902) 827808
Mobile/text: 0774 888 5614
If nobody is available please leave a message on the confidential 24 hour answering service and your call will be returned.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters Degree (MSc) in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Diploma (PgDip) in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Certificate (PgCert) in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Bachelor Degree with Honours (BA Hons)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) (all parts)
- Mindfulness Teacher Training One (Breathworks)
- Mindfulness Teacher Training Two (Breathworks)
- Mindfulness Teacher Training Advanced (Breathworks)
- Mindful Movement (Breathworks)
- Practitioner Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy
- General Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice (GQHP)
- Diploma in Counselling
- Diploma in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Diploma in Clinical Nutrition
- Certificate in Counselling
- Certificate in Further Education Teaching
Teresa has the psychological skill to understand and work with a range of issues. She is registered with the General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR), which is the largest professional registering organisation for practising hypnotherapists in the UK. She is also registered with The General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GHSC) as a validated hypnotherapy practitioner.
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP Snr Accred) Senior Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist
- BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists
- Accredited Mindfulness Teacher (Breathworks)
- Founding Member of the BACP Coaching Division
- Member of The Association for Coaching (MAC)
- Member of The General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR)
- The General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GHSC) Validated Practitioner
Since founding the company in 2009 Lewis Psychology CIC has rapidly become a flagship counselling and psychotherapy business. The company has achieved national recognition for excellence in service delivery and ethical business principles. This recognition is clearly illustrated through Lewis Psychology CIC’s rapid expansion and business awards.
- 2010: Awarded the prestigious Social Enterprise Mark. The Social Enterprise Mark is a 'Fair Trade'-type stamp that helps people identify businesses that are ethically motivated.
- 2011: Lewis Psychology CIC become the ONLY counselling and psychotherapy service in Wolverhampton to be awarded service accreditation status with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- 2011: Awarded a 2011 Entrepreneur Award for ‘Business Providing the Best Social or Economic Contribution to the Region’.
As a recognised expert in the field of counselling Teresa is frequently asked to review and endorse counselling and psychotherapy books for international publishing houses. Teresa’s most recent book endorsement was Skills in Gestalt Counselling and Psychotherapy (Second Edition) by Charlotte Sills and Phil Joyce, which was published by Sage.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD)
Teresa continues to update her knowledge and skills by attending training events and by conducting further study.
- Clear Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) disclosure,
- Registered Data Controller under the Data Protection Act (1998).
Accredited register membership
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Teresa is also a practitioner of Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). EMDR is a form of psychotherapy that was developed by Francine Shapiro to resolve the development of trauma-related memories caused by exposure to distressing events such as rape, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), physical abuse or neglect, surgical trauma and road traffic accidents. Since its original development, EMDR is also increasingly used to help individuals with other issues such as performance anxiety, grief, phobias, panic disorders, pain, eating disorders, intrusive thoughts, health anxiety, sexual dysfunction and a wide range of other issues.
Overview - About EMDR
EMDR is a method of psychotherapy which integrates many of the successful elements of a range of therapeutic approaches, and combines them with eye movements or other forms of bilateral stimulation in ways which stimulate the brain's information processing system.
Normally, the individual processes traumatic experiences naturally. However, when a person is severely traumatized, either by an overwhelming event or by being repeatedly subjected to distress, this healing process may become overloaded, leaving the original disturbing experiences unprocessed. These unprocessed memories can be stored in the brain in a "raw" form where they can be continually re-evoked when experiencing events that are similar to the original experience.
EMDR utilizes the body's natural healing ability and allows the brain to heal psychological problems at the same rate as the rest of the body heals physical ailments. Because EMDR allows the mind and body to heal at the same rate, treatment can be rapid. The number of sessions required for EMDR treatment, however, will vary according to the complexity of the issues being dealt with. In general, the more isolated the traumatic memory being treated, the shorter the treatment tends to be.
Photos & videos
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
CBT weight loss programme
Employee assistance programme (EAP)