Suzanne Lamb. Psychotherapist. BScHons DipHypnCS DipCBT AdDipPsyC DipHypbirth.
I am a consultant clinical hypnotherapist and psychotherapeutic counsellor, previously working as registered general nurse / nurse practitioner for 30 years, I have worked with young people and adults in various clinical areas for the past 11 years Supporting their emotional and health needs
In my therapy practice I offer confidential sessions (within the guidelines of my code of practice) to help support young people and adults, using hypnotherapy, talking therapy and relaxation techniques to address the specific issues that are important to you and affecting your life in an adverse way.
Stress can cause a lot of unwanted symptoms both physical and emotional, after an initial assessment I work towards reducing unwanted behaviours, exam stress, increasing interview confidence, working through bereavement and promoting relaxation, supporting you if you decide to become a non smoker or improve your diet.
Adults often find it beneficial to take time out just for themselves, space to allow them to relax and work at a deep level to achieve the changes they want. I specialist in stress / anxiety therapy.
For children what is a small thing for one is a massive hurdle for another and they discover that hypnotherapy can be like story telling especially for young children, for teens it is time to just have space for themselves - one client said 'I have never felt like that before - I wasn't asleep but I felt so comfy and rested I just couldn't be bothered to open my eyes - amazing', for another it reduced her focus on tinnitus and promoted concentration on exams, small changes but important at the time.
Whatever your concern please contact me to see how I can help make the changes you want to make.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a qualified hypnotherapist and psychotherapeutic counsellor, I also have diplomas in - antenatal teaching, hypnotherapy, hypnobirthing and CBT. I am also qualified to offer EFT.
I qualified as a registered nurse over 30 years ago and have helped patients use relaxation techniques when I worked in surgery, A/E as a nurse practitioner, in labour ward as a student midwife and in trauma dressing clinics.
I qualified as an antenatal teacher in 1995 and taught classes as well as relaxation for labour and birth. I also qualified as a hypnobirth teacher (Katherine Graves hypnobirthing) and run individual classes to support your needs.
The NICE guidelines suggest that psychological therapy may be useful for irritable bowel if other treatments haven't resulted in the required improvement and I am qualified in the 'Gut specific /directed hypnotherapy' which reports to have a high client satisfaction generally.
I have extensive experience / an interest in the following areas - stress, anxiety, bereavement, IBS, self harm, anxiety and stressors for young people, unwanted habits in children, antenatal and birth experiences and as such focus my therapy on these areas but I also offer bespoke sessions for weight loss.
I work within the BACP code of conduct.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
IBS GUT SPECIFIC PROTOCOL - specialist area and treatment programme
- Postnatal adjustment and depression support.
- IVF - give yourself time and space to cope with the roller coaster of emotions during this time.
- Self harm, teenage issues, school anxiety, academic focus
- Bereavement (children, young people and adults )
- EMAIL FOR DETAILS firstname.lastname@example.org
Individual therapy sessions first session is £65 - for full bespoke assessment and deep focused therapy session.
£40 subsequent sessions.
- Hypnobirthing / breathing for labour sessions - Per 2 hour session £90
- IBS - Gut specific hypno directed course - (GP consent required) 5 sessions over 3 months - £220.
- Postnatal issues - help with sleep relaxation or for postnatal blues - as a nurse with midwifery experience, I have the skills to help you debrief a tricky birth, feel more energised, learn to make the most of short sleep periods and enjoy parenthood.
- Menopause - address some of the annoying symptoms such as weight gain, hot sweats, aches, tiredness etc.
I am always mindful of how useful a multi-professional approach can be and use my clinical skills and experience to suggest / refer to other professionals as appropriate. For example I have a wide experience of working with young people who use unwanted behaviours (self harm) and often a combined approach is needed, if you are already on the waiting list for Camhs I am happy to discuss sessions with you but would require your GPs knowledge of this.
I am based in North Yorkshire - 10 mins from RIPON, 30 mins HARROGATE or NORTH ALLERTON or YORK.
VARIOUS TIMES TO SUIT FLEXI APPOINTMENTS. Weekends available.