Stuart Morgan-Ayrs BA BSc MSc (Psy) DHy FRSSA FRSPH FNCP MNACHP FICP MFHT
34 West George Street
0000 (please email for free info pack) / 0000 Email first
I (Stuart) provide psychoanalysis, clinical hypnotherapy and associated psychotherapies in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Falkirk, Dublin.
I am CNHC registered (the UK Voluntary regulator covering Hypnotherapy) and am registered on both the CNHC and FHT AR Schemes. Accredited registers are maintained by the professional standards authority for healthcare professions not subject to statutory regulation.
Please email first (not phone). Because of being in client sessions and travelling it is tricky to take phone calls anyway. Besides we send a FREE, NO OBLIGATION information pack to all new contacts and are happy to have a brief confidential free email chat before you decide whether or not to book, just to make sure it is for you.
I am professionally registered with the National Association of Counsellors, Hypnotherapists and Psychotherapists as a counsellor, hypnotherapist and psychotherapist (a UKCHO founder organisation and CNHC verification route), I am a Fellow and Supervisor with the National Council of Psychotherapists (another CNHC verification route), I am a Fellow of the International Council of Psychotherapists, I am a full practitioner member of the Federation of Holistic Therapists (CNHC verification route and AR scheme). I am a Fellow and Director of the Society of Holistic Therapists and Coaches.
I am also registered with the Register of Health Care Professionals for Hypnotherapy, Psychotherapy, Psychoanalysis, Life Coaching and Mindfulness (another industry voluntary regulator).
I provide multi-modal therapy, which means I am qualified and experienced in a range of different therapy methods, and can use them alone or by combining and integrating methods, tools and ideas from psychoanalysis, hypnotherapy, counselling, NLP, CBT, MBCT, MBSR, CBASP, Mindfulness, DBT, Gestalt, psychotherapy, psychology, Life coaching, mindfulness, meditation, philosophy, sociology, theology and eastern psychology. I combine them to meet the individual needs of the client or couple. As the old expression goes, "if all you have is a hammer, all you see is nails!" I have studied constantly since beginning in 1993 to collect a fully working toolbox!
I am dedicated to ongoing university level continuous professional training, and I receive regular clinical supervision.
I use research evidenced and NICE recommended therapies as a core approach within holistic and customised personal assistance. Core approaches including CBT, MBCT, MBSR, DBT, CBASP, Short Term psychoanalysis, Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy & Mindfulness are all research evidenced and or NICE recommended (see our website for references).
I am not a substitute for medical attention and clients must maintain medical supervision where diagnosed conditions are present.
Edinburgh: South Side Centre, Causewayside (near the Meadows)
(also on demand disabled access premises City Centre & North Edinburgh)
Falkirk: Graham's Rd, near City Centre
Glasgow: West George Street, City Centre
Dublin: City Centre
Psychoanalysis, Hypnotherapy, Counselling, Psychotherapy, NLP, CBASP, MBCT, DBT, MBSR, Mindfulness, Life Coaching, CBT, Mindfulness, meditation, stress, anxiety, depression, anger, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Falkirk
Training, qualifications & experience
1993-1996 I completed a post graduate diploma in psychoanalysis, clinical hypnotherapy and humanistic counselling with ASM, diploma recognised by the Society of Stress Managers, a CNHC verification route. The diploma required over 200 supervised client cases (over 1,000 client hours), external assessment through the NVQ T&D system and 3 years of regular classroom training. I later completed accreditation in psychoanalysis, cognitive behavioural psychotherapy, humanistic counselling and clinical hypnotherapy with the National Association of Counsellors Hypnotherapists and Psychotherapists, a former HIPC / UKCP approved route, and now CNHC approved accreditation route (hypnotherapy).
Since qualification I have completed a wide range of post qualification training in psychotherapy, counselling, grief counselling, NLP, Life coaching, Mindfulness, CBT, Psychology (including a MSc in Psychology) and multiple models of psychological therapy, both western and eastern including CBASP, MBCT, MBSR, DBT, Gestalt, CBASP.
I hold qualifications including the following:
- BSc (Hons) IIT Specializing in Human Resource Management
- BA (Hons) Open Specializing in psychology and social studies
- MSc Psychology, specialising in comparative psychology models, identity and behaviour
- Diploma (Psychoanalysis, Hypnotherapy and Humanistic (stress) counselling
- University Certificate (undergrad) specializing psychology, philosophy and theology (Edinburgh University)
- University Certificate (undergrad) specializing communication skills (Lampeter University)
Continuous Professional Development has included:
- ASET Level 3 & 4 Psychotherapy
- ASET Level 4 Hypnotherapy
- ASET level 3 Grief Counselling
- ASET Level 3 Life coaching
- ASET Level 3 NLP
- ASET Level 4 Mental Health in Social Work
- ASET Level 4 Competence in Social Work
- Sidereus story telling hypnotherapy diploma
- Mindfulness training
- Morita Training
- Naikan Training
- Clinical Mindfulness (Groups)
- Nutrition for Mental Health
- CBASP (Dundee Medical School & NHS Tayside)
- Non academically accredited post graduate training in eastern psychologies, religions and philosophies.
- Multiple BMJ (British Medical Journal) CPD courses in mental health and related
- Royal Society for Public Health (Fellow), Institute of Health Promotion and Education (Fellow), Open University library and Royal Scottish Society of Arts (Fellow) materials, CPD and lectures.
- Regular clinical supervision
Since 2005 I have been providing psychoanalysis, hypnotherapy, counselling and psychotherapy in Scotland (previously England and Wales, including Harley Street). I currently have clinics in:
- North Edinburgh
- South Edinburgh
I have experience of a wide range of case types. My initial training focused on psychosomatic disorders and stress /anxiety related cases. Since then I have worked with a range of specialty groups including: Eating Disorders, Bipolar depression, depression, anxiety disorders, gay and lesbian issues, gender issues, sexual problems, couples counselling, long term psychoanalysis.
I am part of the Pink Therapy and Rainbow Therapist LGBT* networks and receive regular training and updates, working with gender difference.
- I have and continue to hold a variety of professional roles, including historically advisory board and training roles, and currently the Ethics Officer and Vice Chair roles with a major UKCP member organisation.
- In 2017 I co chaired a significant conference on humanistic psychology in London.
- I am a published course author (NLP, life coaching, mindfulness, stress management, psychotherapy), Journal writer (political diary, clinical psychology book reviews and articles) and book chapter author (future of psychological therapies professional text).
- I have contributed to media articles and debates including for Real Radio and BBC 5 Live.
- I have carried out post graduate social psychoanalytic and clinical addiction research projects.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- I am also a long term martial artist and coach and I provide NLP and Sports hypnosis combined in Edinburgh, Falkirk, Glasgow, Stirling.
- I specialize in stress and anxiety related conditions including psychosomatic conditions like pain and Irritable Bowell Syndrome
- I work with the management of mental health conditions like bipolar, depression, anxiety and other mental health diagnosis, although medical supervision must be maintained.
- I work with a range of addictions, but I DO NOT do smoking cases. Motivational Interviewing type counselling and CBT are primary tools.
- I assist with eating disorders of all kinds using a combination of therapy methods
- I work extensively with performance and public speaking issues and related symptoms of nervousness such as blushing, flushing and sweating
- Phobias can be helped with a combination of hypnotherapy and CBT with analysis where appropriate for underlying patterns. Wasps, spiders, birds, in fact anything can be assisted through appropriate psychological therapy.
- Weight Loss and management can be achieved as part of a calorie controlled diet and exercise routine. Hypnotherapy and counselling can address the psychological side of the problem, including comfort eating and bad eating habits.
- Habits including nail biting can be addressed using behavioural and cognitive behavioural therapy combined with hypnosis.
- LGBT* and related gender issues including but not limited to Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, transgender, intersexual, polysexual, polyamorous, non traditional, asexual, kink, queer, non binary, BDSM.
CBT Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Stirling
CBT Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Edinburgh
CBT Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Glasgow
CBT Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Falkirk
NLP Neuro Linguistic Programming Stirling
NLP Neuro Linguistic Programming Edinburgh
NLP Neuro Linguistic Programming Falkirk
NLP Neuro Linguistic Programming Glasgow
Stress and anger management counselling Edinburgh
Stress and anger management counselling Stirling
Stress and anger management counselling Falkirk
Stress and anger management counselling Glasgow
Bipolar manic depression anxiety management counselling Edinburgh
Bipolar manic depression anxiety management counselling Glasgow
Bipolar manic depression anxiety management counselling Stirling
Bipolar manic depression anxiety management counselling Falkirk
Sports hypnosis Edinburgh
Sports Hypnosis Glasgow
Sports Hypnosis Falkirk
Sports Hypnosis Stirling
Eating disorder Edinburgh
Eating disorder Glasgow
Eating disorder Stirling
Eating disorder Falkirk
Counsellor Counselling Edinburgh
Counsellor counselling Falkirk
Counsellor Counselling Glasgow
Counsellor Counselling Stirling
Psychotherapist hypnotherapist psychoanalyst Edinburgh
Psychotherapist hypnotherapist psychoanalyst Glasgow
Psychotherapist hypnotherapist psychoanalyst Falkirk
Psychotherapist hypnotherapist psychoanalyst Stirling
Psychoanalysis psychotherapy hypnotherapy hypnosis Stirlingshire
Psychoanalysis psychotherapy hypnotherapy hypnosis Midlothian
Nail biting hypnosis Edinburgh
Nail biting hypnosis Stirling
Nail Biting hypnosis Falkirk
Nail biting hypnotherapy
Hypnotherapy for habits
Humanistic counselling Edinburgh
Humanistic counselling Glasgow
Humanistic counselling Falkirk
Humanistic counselling Dublin
Psychoanalysis psychodynamic Edinburgh
Psychoanalysis psychodynamic Dublin
Psychoanalysis psychodynamic Falkirk
Psychoanalysis psychodynamic Glasgow
Integrative multi modal psychotherapy Edinburgh
Integrative multi modal psychotherapy Falkirk
Integrative multi modal psychotherapy Dublin
Integrative multi modal psychotherapy Glasgow
Clinical hypnotherapy Edinburgh
Clinical hypnotherapy Dublin
Clinical hypnotherapy Glasgow
Clinical hypnotherapy Falkirk
Cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy Edinburgh
Cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy Falkirk
Cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy Glasgow
Cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy Dublin
Narrative based psychotherapy Edinburgh
Narrative based psychotherapy Dublin
Narrative based psychotherapy Falkirk
Narrative based psychotherapy Glasgow
MBSR MBCT DBT Mindfulness Edinburgh
MBSR MBCT DBT Mindfulness Glasgow
MBSR MBCT DBT Mindfulness Dublin
MBSR MBCT DBT Mindfulness Falkirk
Cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy for depression Edinburgh
Cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy for depression Glasgow
Cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy for depression Falkirk
Cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy for depression Dublin
Cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy for anxiety Edinburgh
Cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy for anxiety Glasgow
Cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy for anxiety Falkirk
Cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy for anxiety Dublin
Cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy for PTSD OCD Edinburgh
Cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy for PTSD OCD Falkirk
Cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy for PTSD OCD Glasgow
Cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy for PTSD OCD Dublin
LGBT specialist psychotherapy counselling Edinburgh
LGBT specialist psychotherapy counselling Falkirk
LGBT specialist psychotherapy counselling Glasgow
LGBT specialist psychotherapy counselling Dublin
Clinical mindfulness for depression and anxiety Edinburgh
Clinical mindfulness for depression and anxiety Glasgow
Clinical mindfulness for depression and anxiety Falkirk
Clinical mindfulness for depression and anxiety Dublin
Mindfulness based cognitive therapy
Mindfulness based stress reduction
Dialectic Behavioural Therapy
Hygge based therapy
Photos & videos
Fees vary between locations. In each location: Edinburgh, Glasgow, Falkirk and Dublin we have fixed prices for full rate and concessions. Full details are given to all enquiries by email.
We provide concessions for benefits, 3rd Sector, Armed forces, NHS.
It does not matter if you require psychoanalysis, psychotherapy, hypnotherapy, NLP, Life coaching, CBT, meditation, mindfulness, psychology or counselling, the rate remains the same.
SHTC, NCP, NACHP, ICP recognised clinical supervision available: life coaching, hypnotherapy, psychotherapy, counselling.
Stuart provides psychoanalysis, hypnotherapy, counselling, psychotherapy, NLP, CBT, Life coaching, psychology, meditation, self hypnosis and a range of eastern psychologies.
My philosophy is to be integrative in approach, customizing the treatment to you the client(s).
My core disciplines are psychoanalysis and hypnotherapy although I use the other methods at my disposal around these for your individual needs.
My main psychoanalysis influences are Lacan, Freud, Jung, Klein and various philosophers including Nietzsche, Foucault and Hume.
My main couples counselling or couples psychoanalysis influence is social psychoanalytic, with additional focus on communications and understanding, including the perceptual positions and parent / adult / child transactional analysis positions.
I am registered with 2 Accredited voluntary registers (CNHC and FHT) and am professional registered and insured. I also adhere to appropriate NOS National Occupational Standards.
I am PVG registered and enhance disclosure checked to work with young people and vulnerable adults. I work with teenagers upwards. I am an accredited 1st Aid at work 1st Aider.
I have particular interest in long term psychoanalysis for deep rooted emotional and developmental issues, and the use of hypnotherapy as a CBT and analytic tool. I work frequently with the management of stress, anger, bipolar, anxiety and depression. Where a clinical condition exists I work WITH the medical profession.
I am also a specialist in faith based psychotherapy, especially the multi-faith and eastern areas. I never bring faith into secular work without client request, but I do also work with clients, often LGBT* clients, who want to explore faith or spirituality within therapy.
I have clinics in
Edinburgh: Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday Falkirk & Glasgow: Alternate Thursdays Dublin: email for latest dates