Stephen Murray Dewar MSc. (Clin Hyp.) PG Dip. (CBH) MBSCH
020 3902 0296 / 07725 745391
I am a fully qualified and accredited clinical and cognitive behavioural hypnotherapist, with many years experience of working with difficult and challenging cases. If you are genuinely committed to changing your unwanted habits or unhealthy and limiting behaviour I can help you change permanently, and for the better. My methods are simple, explainable, solution focused and evidence based.
I will listen to you respectfully, positively and with absolute confidentiality. I offer safe, targeted, powerful psychotherapeutic and hypnotic techniques, allowing you to reach your goals and regain personal control of your life.
Most people can achieve significant and long-lasting results with hypnotherapy after four to six sessions. However, some specialist treatments, (such as the NHS acknowledged treatment for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and protocols for smoking cessation or weight control) can take fewer or more sessions.
Because every patient is different every treatment I give is uniquely appropriate to that person.
I might use traditional and waking hypnosis, Neuro-Lingusitic Programming, (NLP), Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy, (CBH) and Eye Movement Desensitisation and Re-processing, (EMDR).
My qualifications and problems I regularly treat.
I was one of the first graduates to gain an MSc. in Clinical Hypnotherapy and Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy at:
- The University of West London
- The London College of Clinical Hypnosis
I am also a member, registered with and approved by the following industry standard regulatory bodies:
- The British Society of Clinical Hypnosis, (BSCH)
- The Complimentary Natural Healthcare Council, (CNHC) register member.
- The Royal Society of Medicine, (RSM), Senior Affiliate Member.
- Anxiety UK, approved therapist.
As a general practice clinical hypnotherapist I am experienced at helping people with a wide variety of psychological and physical problems. These include:
- Generalised anxiety (including panic attacks)
- Phobias (fear of flying etc.)
- Weight control/weight loss (including gastric band hypnotherapy, treatment for 'food addiction', binge eating etc.)
- Low self confidence (sometimes called low self-esteem)
- Relationship issues
- Stress and the immune system disturbance, sometimes called psycho-neuro immunology (PNI)
- Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Anger management
- Insomnia and sleep disorders
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), (adhering to the latest NHS guidelines for this hypnotherapy treatment, now accepted by the National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE).
- Addictions obsessions and compulsive behaviour (including gambling addictions, alcohol abuse, drug abuse, internet addiction)
- Smoking cessation (quit smoking)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Performance management (including sports performance, public speaking, exam nerves)
- Childbirth and pregnancy
- Pain management
- Hypnotherapy for cancer patients
- Hypnotherapy for sexual problems (including sex addiction and sexual dysfunction)
- Bruxism (grinding of teeth)
To maintain my therapeutic skills at the cutting edge of modern theory and good practice I keep abreast of the latest published and ongoing research in my field. I also regularly attend continuous professional development courses, master classes and national seminars relating to my core subjects of treatment.
If you have any queries about clinical hypnotherapy, how it works and how it can help you, by all means give me a call or email me, and I will be happy to discuss your case without obligation.
Training, qualifications & experience
MSc. Clinical Hypnosis with Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy
Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis (PG Dip. Clin Hyp)
Practitioner Diploma (PD (CB Hip)
Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy (PG Dip CBH)
Full Member British Society of Clinical Hypnosis (MBSCH)
Senior Associate Member Royal Society of Medicine (SA RSM)
Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) registered.
Anxiety UK, approved therapist.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Fees start at £95, (for concessionary rates, including some pensioners, NHS and public sector workers HM forces, Police and fire service).
Thereafter £105 for non-concessionary, advance booked appointments and £115 if sessions booked one at a time.
(Fees can exceed the above rates for specific protocols such as smoking cessation or weight control programs).
(Each session usually lasts 60 to 75 minutes, however an initial assessment may take up to 90 minutes with the fee remaining the same).
Late cancellation of appointments:
In accordance with the booking practices of the clinic if a patient does not attend a pre-booked session, without 48 hours notice, half of the fee for that session is usually payable. If less than 24 hours notice is given of a cancellation the full session fee is normally charged.
You are reminded that your commitment to change should be matched, where possible, by your attendance of booked sessions. If you miss sessions, the value of your treatment may be affected.
My more specific areas of expertise are:
Generalised stress and anxiety, (including generalised anxiety disorder (GAD)
Smoking cessation and other drug and substance abuse issues
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Irrational fears and phobias
Sports and personal performance enhancement
Relationship and sexual issues
I also work with children and minors with proper reference to all UK and EU child and vulnerable young adult regulations.