Shonagh Terry - access2balance: NCH, Dip.CAH, CNHC, SHF, FCIPD (ret)
01506794606 / 07724 741570
These are examples of the issues often presented to me for help but these are not the only conditions or concerns I treat. Conditions Treated
- Childrens Issues: eg , bed wetting, self confidence,habits, separation anxiety, eating issues ect
- Anxiety and Stress
- Urge Incontinence
- Couple Counselling
- Smoking and Vapouring Cessation
- Weight Control and Eating Issues
- Excessive Sweating
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome,IBS
- Irritable Bladder
- Phobias, flying, needles etc.
- Panic Attacks
- Teeth Grinding
- Pain Management
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, PTSD
- Public Speaking
- Exam and Pre-wedding Nerves
- Performance Anxiety, (sporting, work related)
- Nail Biting
I am also a qualified HypnoBirthing practitioner
For more information on any of the above, just have a look at my website and request a “call back” and we can discuss your needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hope the following will reassure you a little before you call and speak to me or we meet. Overall, the qualifications I list below have enabled me to offer help with, for example; anxiety, quitting smoking, phobias, addictions and weight issues etc.
I am a fully qualified Hypnotherapist, having attained an HPD (Hypnotherapy Practitioners Diploma) from the highly respected UK Academy of Therapeutic Arts & Sciences. This has enabled me become a member of the National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH) who are the main regulatory body for Hypnotherapists and the Scottish Hypnotherapy Foundation (SHF) and am recognised by the Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC). In addition I hold a qualification in Counselling with the Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA). I also hold a Diploma in Paediatric Hypnotherapy from the Surrey Institute of Clinical Hypnotherapy ( SICH) and enjoy working with children and adolescents on a variety of issues. I am therefore bound by these regulating authorities codes of ethics and practise.
I practise Suggestion, Analytic and Cognitive Hypnotherapy, so have a broad range of interventions within my hypnotherapy work. I have also built on my skills offering Counselling, which I have used in both a formal and informal basis almost daily for many years and Eye Movement Integration (EMI) Plus, most useful in the resolution of all types and causes of trauma. I held the level of a Fellow of the Institute of Personnel and Development (FCIPD), before retiring, so have an in depth knowledge of Training and Human Resources. This helps me understand the practical aspects of the fear of, for example, public speaking or appraisal meetings. I can empathise, and offer practical scenarios in both your hypnotherapy intervention and exercises for you to do yourself. As I also spent over 20 years in a medically associated profession before going into Management, I have a good grounding in medical conditions and terminology.
- I work with children and adolescents
- I work with couples
- I work with those with Weight issues through Weight Management Techniques. I have developed and use a system called WHY; Weight, Hypnotherapy and You. I can also offer the Gastric Hypno Band.
- I understand and work with all types of Phobias: Social, Specific and Agoraphobia
- I am a HypnoBirthing practitioner, and can aid and support those parents looking for a more natural approach to childbirth.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Paediatric Issues: eg , bed wetting, children with self confidence issues, habits (such as nail biting, thumb sucking etc) separation anxiety, eating issues, etc.
Fees vary according to the condition or need.
In general, a basic 1 hour consultation is £60. I offer 2 hours for the price of 1 for the first consultation and give discounts for block bookings of 5 or more consultations. Children, students and under 18's are charged £45.
Smoking Cessation is 1-2 hours and is £140.
Hypno Gastic Band around £400 in total
HypnoBirthing® around £400
Home visits can be arranged and fees are on request.
By appointment but generally available from 12pm - 9pm, Monday- Wednesday. However, appointments outwith these days and hours are sometimes available.