Richard Jones BSc (Hons) Psych, Dip CHyp, GQHP
Church Street Therapy Rooms
48 Church Street
01622 692288 / 07828 793189
A Professional Clinical Hypnotherapist passionate about helping clients, and with an interest and background in psychology, I am particularly interested in how small changes in behaviour and beliefs can transform lives.
I offer a professional, reliable and confidential service, and my approach adopts a person-centred integrative model. That means I'm fully qualified and use a range of techniques from traditional forms of counselling, clinical hypnotherapy and NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming). The therapeutic relationship will be non-judgemental and sessions will be conducted with care and empathy during which you can talk about your life issues in complete confidence.
Techniques used include:
- Guided Visualisation
- Time-line Reframe
- Parts Therapy
- Healing the Inner Child
- Cutting the Ties that Bind and more...
Your first step is to have an initial free consultation by phone to discuss your issue and assess your suitability for hypnotherapy, enabling you to decide your next steps.
What to expect from your first session...
Your very first face to face session will be broken into 2 fundamental parts. The first part involves a discussion about you, your expectations and goals. This is the time for you to have any questions answered or express any worries and concerns that you may have. When you are happy and confident I will help you to enter a state of relaxation and we can begin therapy. This first session will be around 90 minutes and subsequent sessions will be around 60 minutes. In either case whether it is a first or subsequent session I always allow an additional 30 minutes in case of any overrun should you require it.
How long will treatment take?
This depends on the issue and its complexity. For some clients this may be short term just minutes or hours, for others it will be longer term therapeutic work.
How hypnotherapy can help...
Many of my clients experience immediate and lasting state changes;
- from severe anxiety to confidence
- from age old negative beliefs to a positive new outlook
- from guilt to self-forgiveness
- from stress to coping
- from pain to comfort
- plus many more
These often thought 'miraculous' state changes are common to my clients.
Frequently asked questions...
1. Can I be made to discuss anything?
The short answer is NO, you cannot be made discuss anything you do NOT wish to discuss.
2. Will I lose control?
The short answer is NO, you will not lose control.
3. Will I be aware of what is said?
The short answer is YES you will remember everything that is said during hypnotherapy.
4. Are there people who cannot be hypnotised?
NO. Except for persons with contra-indications and medical considerations to hypnotherapy. The only other exceptions would be persons 'high' on the effects of alcohol or drugs.
Training, qualifications & experience
My training and life experience includes all of the traditional and modern models of counselling. At the same time I am a qualified Clinical Hypnotherapist. For you, my client, this means we can choose the best therapeutic strategy to meet your individual needs at any time not based solely on theory, but first-hand experience.
- BSc (hons) Psychology from the University of Sussex
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy from the British School of Applied Psychology (BSAP)
- The General Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice.
I abide by The General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GHSC) and the General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR) code of ethic with full public indemnity insurance to practice together with a valid Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Insomnia *
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Trauma (e.g. any kind of abuse or neglect)
Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
Photos & videos
- Initial consultation by phone: FREE (15 – 30 mins)
- First Hypnotherapy Session Rate: £75.00 (typically 90 minutes)
- Subsequent Hypnotherapy Session Rate: £50.00 (typically 60 minutes)
Accepted Methods of Payment:
Cash, direct bank transfer (BACS) or all major Credit/Debit Cards.
Practice Hours: Monday – Friday 09:00 to 17:00 and Saturday 09:00 to 13:00 (Appointments outside normal practice hours are available by prior arrangement).