The Shambhala Practice
29 Windmill Hill
01934251013 / 07858360145
I qualified as a counsellor over 20 years ago and worked for many years with people in addiction. I discovered how passionate I am about helping people overcome obstacles in their lives, (real and imagined) being part of a support system to empower individuals to get back in control of their lives is extremely rewarding.
I have personally benefited from both Counselling and Hypnotherapy, my preferred model being Solution Focused hypnotherapy, this is a modern, well researched model which enables individuals to achieve the changes they want fairly quickly and without having to dwell on painful past experience, In fact Hypnosis, the state of trance, is extremely relaxing and pleasurable, just like having a beautiful daydream.
The majority of clients that I see have anxiety related issues, overthinking, self confidence, stress, fears, phobias or feelings that they are just not in control anymore. Their relief is almost tangible when I explain how their experience is quite common, they are not the only one, that with an understanding of how their brain is working in response to their emotions and a few realistic steps that they can easily achieve what they would like to achieve.
It is important to realise that Hypnotherapy is not a magic feather, I can not wave issues away with a wave of my wand, in fact, if you consider it this would be quite frightening, to have the power to remove someones free will. I work with you, at your pace, for you to discover the right solutions for you. It is important that you want to make the change, are prepared to be open and honest with yourself and willing to make this investment in yourself to work towards your desired future.
Here is a review from a client;
- "I have had a course of 10 sessions with this lovely lady . At the start I was in tears thinking there was no help for me . I wanted help with my sleeping . Becky made me understand why I was not sleeping , I had so much going on in my head . She has helped me to understand myself and to change bad habits and be a happier positive person . Things have changed in my life without me even noticing . I used to use wine as a crutch to help me deal with my marriage breakdown and the stress of being a single mother . Now I still enjoy a glass of wine but drink half as much as I used to. Their are loads of little things that have changed for the better . It's lovely to go to bed and wake up refreshed . Really can not thank Becky enough and so reassuring to know she is there if I need her . Thank you xx"
Solution Focused Psychotherapy is future oriented
Solution Focused Therapy techniques are designed to reduce anxiety and calm the mind.
As the name suggests it focuses on solutions for the future, rather than analysing problems of the past.
Provided you are willing to make changes to the way you think, the therapy can be highly effective in relieving the symptoms of anxiety and stress.
I work from The Shambhala Practice in Hutton, surrounded by open countryside and glorious views. There is plenty of parking outside and a warm friendly welcome awaiting you inside.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold a Diploma in Solution Focused Hypnotherapy from the renowned Clifton Practice, Bristol.
I qualified as a Counsellor in 1993 obtaining a Diploma in Counselling and worked within this industry for many years.
I am fully insured.
I hold an enhanced DBS certificate.
I am a member of and abide by the codes of ethics and standards of the following organisations.
AfSFH Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy
NCH National Council for Hypnotherapy.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Photos & videos
The initial consultation is free of charge and is designed to assess what you want to achieve, how hypnotherapy can help you and how many sessions you are likely to need.
Subsequent Hypnotherapy sessions involve much more than Hypnosis. During the first part of each session we’ll talk about the progress you have made and I’ll be encouraging you to express yourself positively, focusing on solutions rather than dwelling on problems.I’ll help you to imagine your preferred future, a future where you have a more useful perspective on the quality of your life. I’ll then guide you into a relaxed state of Hypnosis so that we can consolidate what we have discussed.
Subsequent sessions are charged at £55 per hour
Reduced rates are available by pre paid block booking
10 Sessions @ £500
Home visits may be available with an additional charge for travelling time.
Stop smoking two hour session £150 Currently on special offer of £100 (July 2016)
See Website for any current offers or concessions.
Our Mission is to offer a professional and personalised service which enables every individual the ability to achieve and maintain their goals of physical and mental wellness, through the medium of Hypnotherapy and other modern therapeutic techniques.