Nigel Lloyd - Dip.CBH, Cert Hyp, GQHP, BA (Hons), PCert, MA, GHR (Reg)
45 Central Street
City Road Therapy Practice
I'm a Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapist working with people to increase their physical, mental and emotional well-being. I understand that deciding to seek help can be a big step, so I offer a very caring and supportive service. My aim is to help you make progress from the very first session.
I'll provide you with tailored, one-to-one support throughout our time working together, and ensure that you have practical, effective strategies for moving forward. I use an evidence-based approach, selecting tools and methods based on the best clinical and research evidence available about what works in bringing about long-lasting change.
I take a holistic approach to working with clients’ issues, using hypnotherapy alongside a range of other evidence-based CBT techniques. This means there’s a lot of flexibility in the way I work, and I can tailor your hypnotherapy programme to your particular needs.
I offer hypnosis for a range of issues, including:
- Worry, stress and general anxiety
- Shyness and social anxiety
- Low self-esteem
- Lack of assertiveness
- Habit removal
- Gaining and maintaining motivation
- Chronic pain relief
I specialise in hypnosis for relaxation and stress reduction, and providing people with the tools to deal with social anxiety, general anxiety, and stress. From session one, you’ll begin to learn methods and strategies that can help with your specific issue.
For me, the work that I do is all about helping people to see a way forward for themselves, and providing them with effective strategies and tools to transform their lives. I work closely with all of my clients to really understand what will be most effective in bringing about sustained change for them, and then I do everything I can to help them achieve the change they want.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Social Sciences: Psychology (Providing British Psychological Society Graduate Basis for Registration)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Social Science Research Methods
- MA in Research Methodology
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy (UK College of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy)
- General Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice (General Hypnotherapy Register)
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training (London South Bank University)
- Certificate in Evidence-Based Hypnotherapy (UK College of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy)
Memberships and accreditations
- Registered with and certified as a Clinical Hypnotherapist by the General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR)
- Accredited Practitioner with the Hypnotherapy Standards Council
- Registered with the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Registered with the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS)
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Gaining and maintaining motivation for exercise, fitness and weight-loss. I am also a qualified Personal Trainer and use hypnosis to help clients achieve their fitness, health and wellbeing goals.
Each session of hypnotherapy lasts for between 60 and 75 minutes and costs £75.
I offer a free telephone consultation for all hypnotherapy clients, which lasts for approximately 20 minutes. This allows you to ask any questions that you have, and gives me the chance to find out more about the issue you would like help with and whether or not hypnosis is a suitable treatment.
My hypnotherapy practice, where I deliver weekday hypnotherapy sessions, is based a short walk from Old Street and Barbican stations at:
45 Central Street
I am also a member of City Road Therapy Practice, near Angel, Islington, where I hold a Saturday morning hypnotherapy clinic (8am-1pm).
335 City Rd
A few testimonials:
"Nigel helped me overcome a habit I have had for as long as I remember. This happened so easily and quickly, I am astonished at how effective it was. Nigel makes you feel really comfortable and I’m sure that helped me to get straight to the heart of the problem." (S, East Midlands)
"I could not recommend Nigel Lloyd Mind and Body highly enough. All my life I have had issues with heights. As a small boy I couldn’t even go upstairs on a double-decker bus! As a man of certain age this was something I really needed to address. Nigel really got to understand my issues and worked through it with me in a very calming and relaxed way. His methods were very easy for me to practice and apply. I’m now on my way to Brazil to go up Rio’s highest point without any fears." (S, London)
"Nigel has a really great manner. He immediately puts you at ease and his technique allows you to open up without even realising you are doing so. Nigel is a very competent hypnotherapist who I am more than happy to recommend." (T, Portsmouth)
I offer morning, daytime, evening and weekend (Saturday mornings until 12.30am) appointments. I can also provide home visits depending on your needs.