Mamood Ahmad: Anxiety, Trauma, Addiction & Fear Specialist
In Newbold College
St Mark's Road
T: 01344 723151 (Main) / TEXT TO 07966 126806
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to free your mind of negative thoughts, feelings, addictions, anxieties, fears and difficult past experiences? And be calm, confident, relaxed and successful in relationships, work and in yourself. You have found yourself at an excellent place to help you achieve your goals, overcome issues and obtain peace of mind. If you are ready, we can arrange the first session for free and without obligation.
Hello and welcome to my page. My name is Mamood and I am an experienced and qualified Clinical Hypnotherapist and Hypno-Psychotherapist (qualified at Master Degree Level 7 which required 2000 hours of training) and am a Registered UK Council of Psychotherapy (UKCP) Psychotherapist. This allows me to work and clear deeper psychological issues if appropriate. I vow to work in your best interests in an ethical, respectful, confidential, non-judgemental and warm manner. I offer value for money Hypnotherapy at affordable rates (£45 per session) but rest assured this does not mean less experience, qualifications or service. I can offer this rate as I keep my costs low.
Do you want to take control of your life and get rid of some baggage you feel is dragging you down? This may include anxiety, addictions, trauma, depression, weight loss, sleep disturbance, panic attacks, destructive habits, fears, phobias, eating disorders, illness & pain, separation & social anxiety, habits (e.g. smoking), stage fright, suppressed anger, excessive thinking, psycho sexual issues, rejection/relationship separation, cancer side effects and rejection to name just a few. Through Hypnotherapy combined with commitment to therapy you can move in the direction you always wanted. Through hypnosis, suggestion and trance as well the therapeutic relationship, you can build on your life’s dreams, removing the obstacles that can affect confidence, health, peace of mind and relationships.
I appreciate that visiting a therapist for the first time can be difficult and rest assured that at no point would I expect you to do or say anything that you are not comfortable doing. I believe in working towards a place of mutual respect and trust. From that place change is possible.
If this appeals please contact me on 01344 723151 and I will answer any questions you have personally, or if you are ready, we can arrange the first session. Alternatively, email me through my contact points or my website. I am located in Binfield village in Bracknell which is within 8 miles of Reading and a few miles from Ascot, Windsor and Maidenhead.
Areas I work with
I work with clients on the following types of issues:
- Addictions including Alcohol Abuse, Drug Abuse, Gambling Addiction, Internet Addiction, Food Addiction, Sugar Addiction
- Anxiety including General Anxiety Disorder, Panic Attacks, Social Anxiety, Blushing, Exams & Public Speaking, Fear of Flying, Obsessions & Compulsions (OCD), Excessive Rumination of thoughts
- Eating Disorders including Binging and Bulimia
- Medical & Dental (Psycho-Physical issues) including Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Migraines, Pain Management, Dental phobia, Skin Disorders, Bruxism (Teeth Grinding), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Stuttering, Panic Attacks, Tinnitus
- Sleep Disorders including Insomnia
- Trauma including Beareavment, Abuse & Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Phobias and Habits such as Needles, Spiders, Nail Biting and Quit Smoking
- Low Self-Confidence & Self Esteem including dealing with Acceptance, Blame, Shame and Motivation
- Sexual Issues (Psycho-Sexual) including Performance & Sex Addiction
- Performance including Exams, Speaking and Sports Performance
- Weight Management & Psychological relationship with food including Binging
- Transcendental stresses such as Death anxiety, Broken Heart, Spiritual/Religious issues, Life purpose, Meaning, Isolation and Freedom
I am a founding member of the Bracknell & Wokingham Sleep Centre. We offer people specialised self help, therapy, guided meditations, hypnosis for people who suffer from a range of sleep issues including Insomnia. Our sleep training programme is typically six to twelve weeks of specialised mind training with homework using our sleep "tapes" and therapeutic exercises. Please contact me for details.
I also specialise in chemical ( alcohol and drugs) and non-chemical Addiction Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy for releasing cycle of guilt, shame and trauma as well as using hypnotherapy pain and symptom control e.g nausea for withdrawal symptoms. As well as hypnotherapy I have specialised psychotherapy experience using EMDR feeling state addiction protocol (FSAP) to break links between feelings and addictive behaviours. I support clients, partners and families with local alcohol and addictions teams including group addiction therapy.
Current Offers - Added 1.1.17
++ Jan 17 - 6 session for price of 5 Healthy Hypnotherapy Weight Coaching. Please quote ++
++ Jan 17 As published in Berkshire News I uniquely offer a low cost Smoking cessation service (£95) with free follow up if required within 30 days. Contact me or see my website for details http://hypnotherapybracknell.com/quit-smoking-hypnosis/ ++
My therapeutic approach is non judgemental, solution oriented and integrative which means that I utilise a variety of therapeutic approaches and philosophies in order to assist my clients to achieve their goals. I believe that looking at the solutions in the context of problems makes the therapeutic experience more positive for the client. Rest assured, I only use approaches that have been proven to be effective. That proof is demonstrated in clinical and academic journals as well as through experiential practice. I am a qualified clinical hypno-psychotherapist, considered the highest standard in the field of clinical hypnosis and am a member of the UKCP (UK Council for Hypno-Psychotherapy).
Training, qualifications & experience
- UKCP Registered Psychotherapist and Hypnotherapist (2000 hours training)
- UKCP Accreditation, Master in Advanced Psychotherapy (Level 7 Master), National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy
- Diploma Hypno-Psychotherapy, National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy
- Certificate in Hypno-Psychotherapy, National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy
- Fellowship National Society for Psychotherapy, Hypnosis & Mindfulness (NSHP&M)
- Complimentary & National Healthcare Council (CNHC) Accredited
- Certified Couples Coach, Basingstoke Counselling Centre, WPF therapy accred.
Specialist Certificate Training:
- EMDR Certificate (National College of Psychotherapy)
- CBT Critical Trauma Certficate (Prof. Anke ehlers) IAPT
- Experiential Mindfulness Therapy
- Working with Domestic Violence and Abuse
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Anxiety and Depression
- Sex & Sexuality
- Adolescent Anger
- Shame, Self Harm and Internal Protectors
- Children safeguarding
- Reflective Ethics & Law in Psychotherapy
- Smoking cessation with Hypnosis
- Children safeguarding
I also have experience with adults, young people and families working at a BACP accredited psychotherapy agency in Bracknell. I hold a validated DBS enhanced CRB check.
Accredited register membership
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Couples Coaching, Adolescent Anger, Social Anxiety, Attachment, Eating and Separation disorders, Dissociation, Depersonalisation
Photos & videos
Prior to commitment, it would be beneficial to determine whether we can work together and therefore happy to assess your goals on the phone
Single session smoking cessation hypnotherapy at £95
Subsequent sessions are £45 fully inclusive.
It should be noted, that for clients in need, who lack the ability to pay the full fee, will be accommodated for. Difficulty or inability to pay, should not be a deterrent to receiving professional therapeutic services.
Sessions Day, Evening & Weekend ~ All sessions are 50 minutes and no more than 1 hour long (initial session time will be up to 50 minutes long)
Where can I find you?
My dedicated premises are located on the border between Wokingham and Bracknell (Near Reading, Wokingham, Ascot, Windsor, Maidenhead, M4 JCN 10, M3 JCN 3) in the quiet, peaceful and picturesque setting on the grounds of Newbold College in a building called Egremont in the village of Binfield.
How do I choose the right hypnotherapist?
The key to successful therapy is finding the right therapist for you. However good a therapist is, it is the relationship that determines whether you trust them enough, and they come to understand you enough, to help you explore and find solutions for your problem. I offer the first phone/online consultation without obligation to help you decide.
What is the cost per session?
Sessions are £45 (£95 for single session quit smoking) regardless of issue, so call me on 01344 723151 or email PathTherapy@live.co.uk for an appointment.
How many sessions will I need?
For some issues you could see improvement within a few session while more complex matters may take longer to resolve. At the onset we can identify the method and work required so you can judge how long you need. We will review progress regularly, but it's up to you.
There are some specific issues, such as performance improvement, weight, phobias and habits, that could be completed based on a 3-session plan. This is something we can discuss during our first session.
What happens when I arrive for my first appointment?
It is a good idea to arrive a few minutes early, to make sure your appointment can start on time. If you arriving by car you can park ( for free ) right outside the Egremont building inner entrance and press the buzzer labelled "PathTherapy" which will ring through to the therapy rooms. You will be greeted by a receptionist or myself and shown straight to the therapy room where the session can begin.
Your first appointment will be a consultation meeting. It is a two way process. It will be an opportunity me to get to know you, your concerns and hopes about therapy. You can find out about what hypnotherapy and hypno-psychotherapy has to offer. You can ask questions, if you want to, about the therapeutic service and process.
I understand how difficult it can be to ask for help and talk about your problems and express your feelings particularly to someone you have just met. At no point would I expect you to do or say anything that you are not comfortable doing. You are in control of the pace at which things happen. I believe in working towards a place of mutual respect and trust. From that place change is possible.
Can I bring someone with me?
Yes, they can wait in the reception area. However, I would recommend you do this only if you deem necessary. However, you may find this distracting, which invades the safe environment, but it's up to you.
What times are appointments available?
Sessions run day, evening and weekends. You can contact me for availability.
Do you offer Skype, phone or home based therapy?
This is possible dependending on the issue(s) you wish to explore and the therapeutic approach we adopt, but I recommend we discuss this prior.
How long does each hypnotherapy session last?
Each session will last 50 minutes but a maximum of one hour (Except Smoking cessation lasting up to 90 minutes and initial session can be up to 50 minutes)
I have some further questions?
You can contact me via email or phone, whichever you prefer.
- Also registered with Counselling Directory
Day, Evening & Weekends. Appointments dates provided on day of contact.