Lynne Wilkins - NCH (MReg), MNLP, QCHPA
07887 992979 / 07887 992979
I love to help you resolve the issues which could enable the most positive shifts in your life using Cognitive Hypnotherapy, an incredibly flexible approach tailored to you.
Right from start of my career I've been absolutely passionate about helping people to make changes and get the most out of life. I put this to good use in the 20 years I spent advising professionals about their career and job searches before I became a Cognitive Hypnotherapist.
With Cognitive Hypnotherapy we can work together to help understand how your mind may be working to cause you emotional pain and change it. This incorporates NLP which deals with the interplay between your mind (the Neuro), the language (lingustic) and how this affects your feelings, thoughts and behaviour (the programming).
I help people like you who are struggling with things like.....
- Anxiety, Phobias and Panic Attacks
- Fear of Flying
- Low Confidence or Self-Esteem
- Fear of Public Speaking, Interview or Exam Nerves
- Addictions, wanting to Quit Smoking or Lose Weight
- Depression, Procrastination or a lack of Motivation
- In need of Personal Development and Life Coaching
- Considering how to use Hypnobirthing
The flexibility of Cognitive Hypnotherapy means I can also weave in other techniques like Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) to help you.
I use hypnosis to help ‘undo’ your problem programming. As you usually ‘do’ your problem in a light trance state, I help you to use a similar state to 'undo' your problem. Most clients find hypnosis a pleasant and relaxing experience. Rest assured you can’t be made to do anything you don’t want to. I also record hypnotic suggestions designed just for you (called Word WeaveTM) which I send you as an audio file to download and listen to in between sessions.
I can work with you in three stages:
- Discover how your mind may have created and maintained your problem
- Change how your mind is working to make important shifts
- Develop ways to embed those changes and take it further with coaching - if you can overcome your problem - what else can you do?
Our first session is usually a slightly longer one where we will discuss the history of your problem and agree our first steps together. After that, there's no set pattern of what we'll do in sessions - some clients can be helped in relatively few meetings and some much more, an average is 4-6 sessions. The most important thing is that your change is permanent though rather than how quick that happens.
If you're ready for change then you can start the process by calling or getting in touch to arrange a free, no obligation telephone consultation. Go to www.ienableyou-hypnotherapy.com to arrange this or give me a call on 07887 992979.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Cognitive Hypnotherapy (Dip Cog Hyp), Quest Institute
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming Practitioner, Quest Institute
- Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma, The National Council for Hypnotherapy
- Complimentary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC), Registered
I channel my passion for helping people change, as a Cognitive Hypnotherapist and Confident Childbirth Practitioner as well as continuing to advise professionals as an independent Career Coach (www.ienableyou.com). I’m a mum with three teenage children and have always worked which helps me to understand the challenge many clients face with work/life balance issues.
As a trained career coach and have experience as an employer and team manager - so can help with a work-based issue, managing performance (yours or an employee), managing your business or procrastination for example.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Sleep disorders *
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
I'm passionate about hypnobirthing having used it myself successfully two times to have babies with no medical pain relief after a less than great experience first time around. I trained as a Confident Childbirth Practitioner and love to help women and couples have the most positive experience of birth they can - whatever way that happens.
- Interview coaching
- Business coaching
- Presentation coaching
- Work-based issues
- Stress management
I offer a free telephone consultation before I work with you to make sure we are right for each other.
You can pay with cash, credit card or bank transfer and there's a minimum 48 hours notice required for cancellation.
Bedford & Papworth (Cambridge) - £90 per session (or book 3 for £240)
London - £175 per session (or book 3 for £450)
- Cambridge (Central) - £75 per hour
- In London - short walk from Old Street, Barbican or Farringdon Tube
- In Bedford - central location near Bedford Blues Rugby, free parking onsite or a public car park close by
- Also see clients in Cambridge and Papworth (St Neots, Huntingdon nearby)
- Also possible to see people near Royston and around Ashwell, Herts areas
Example success stories
“Lynne was recommended to me and she has enabled me greatly in overcoming the challenges of adapting to working for myself at home after many years in corporate environments. I had not previously experienced hypnotherapy and any scepticism was completely dispelled at my first session. Lynne is a great listener and I found myself totally at ease with someone who had a clear understanding of my challenges. Moreover, it was immediately obvious that Lynne is genuinely interested in helping others. Having anticipated generic solutions, I was impressed by Lynne’s bespoke approach and the very practical ways I have learned to adapt to new circumstances... many of which could be applied more broadly than the specific issues for which they were introduced to me. I have no hesitation in recommending Lynne to anyone who needs help in adapting to new, challenging circumstances.”
“Lynne helped me overcome a lifelong (50 year plus) fear of heights, which was totally debilitating in some circumstances. After just one session I was able to do things that I could just not have contemplated beforehand. For example, I’ve now been on the High Treewalk at Kew and felt no anxiety whatsoever. Best of all, Lynne has taught me some simple techniques that I can use myself to help overcome other stressful situations. Lynne was great to work with, very highly recommended.”
“Faced with a ten month career break and massive amounts of insecurity, Lynne has provided me with the necessary guidance and tools to get back on track. Following combined career coaching and cognitive hypnotherapy session, I now have a set techniques and tools which Lynne has skilfully tailored to my needs."
"She coached me on techniques to calm my nerves, and strategies how to navigate tricky situations by helping me to see an interview from the interviewer’s point of view. I feel so much better equipped when I go into a job interview. I also think this will stand me in good stead for other nerve-wrecking situations in future"
- Also registered with Life Coach Directory
Monday to Saturday in London & Bedford, also Cambridge, South Cambridgeshire and nr Royston