Lisa Marsh - DHP, HPD, RMN, BSc(Hons)
Tamar Valley Hypnotherapy
The Kensey Centre
30 Westgate Street
The Beauty Arcade
07724 078973 / 07724 078973
Do you find it difficult to relax? Are you tearful for no apparent reason? Are you stuck in a cycle of negative behaviours which you would just love to break? Life today can be very stressful and give us many challenges. At least 1 in 4 of us now suffer from mental health difficulties especially that of anxiety and/or low mood. Unfortunately there is still a stigma attached to our mental health but you don't have to suffer in silence, you can do something about it and make positive changes.
I work as an experienced Clinical Solution Focused Hypnotherapist. I am also a Registered Mental Health Nurse with over twenty-five years of mental health experience. I use all my skills and experience to help you help yourself. I will teach you about how the brain works in relation to your challenges and we will use a variety of techniques including hypnosis, neuroscience information, breathing exercises and other strategies to help you take back control and become 'your own therapist'.
Hypnotherapy can help a variety of difficulties and challenges, especially those which are exacerbated or caused by stress. For example it can help with problems of anxiety, panic, fears and phobias, low mood, and poor sleep. Furthermore it can help people change negative habits such as overeating, it can help those who want to stop smoking and also help promote an easier and more relaxed child-birthing experience. Solution Focused Hypnotherapy can help also to improve focus, sports performance and motivation. It is not a magic wand and is not something 'done' to people but requires motivation and commitment.
Please contact me for further details and/or to make an initial appointment. I work collaboratively and strive to provide a professional, thorough and confidential service.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy (DHP)
- Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma (HPD)
- Registered Mental Health Nurse with over 25 years of experience.
- BSc (Hons) in Community Healthcare Nursing (Mental Health).
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
The above areas are not exclusive - please contact to discuss any conditions/problems which are not listed.
Initial consultation which includes relaxation CD (part of therapy) for £35. No obligation to then book for subsequent sessions.
- 50-60 minute session cost £50
- Stopping Smoking is usually a two hour session and costs £150 (differs from amount advertised in leaflet - Lisa has had some subsequent extra training in this area). Includes initial first appointment where the customers smoking habits/history will be discussed and information about how 'smoking is not your fault' (relates to how nicotine 'hijacks' our natural reward system). After which client will be asked to complete a 'Smoking Diary' and other activities as part of the therapy. On occasions Client may be advised that engaging in this treatment would not be advisable at this time ie, if customer has high levels of stress.
- Phobias usually take an additional 3 sessions but this can vary.
- 'Trial Session' - 50-60 minute duration costs £45. Includes brief explanation about Solution Focused Hypnotherapy including 'how the brain works', and an introduction to some 'hypnosis' - some guided relaxation and visualisation exercise (very relaxing!).
- Group work is available and will be cheaper but cost depends on factors such as duration, number of group members etc. Lisa can provide groups; for example, group 'trial' hypnotherapy session, group work for using hypnotherapy for childbirth (Lisa has specific training in this area), weight control, stress management, sleep hygiene etc. Potential clients to contact Lisa to discuss - clients can either add their name to a list and when there are enough numbers Lisa will run the group or alternatives clients can get their own group together (the alternative 'party'!).
iLisa currently holds a valid DBS certificate for working with children and vulnerable adults - this can be viewed on request.
Lisa adheres to the NMC (Nursing and Midwifery Council) Code of Conduct and ethics and also those related to the Hypnotherapy Council and the Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy.
Lisa strives to provide a professional and confidential service.
Lisa covers Devon and Cornwall areas.
Hypnotherapy is not recommended if you have a diagnosis of epilepsy, personality disorder and or psychosis - please discuss with Lisa if unsure/require clarification.
Thursday Mornings 9.15am - 2.30pm and some evenings from 6pm at the Beauty Arcade, Callington. Saturdays from 8am at The Kensey Centrre, Launceston. Contact Lisa directly as some flexibility