Laura Salter RMN HPD DHP SFBT(Hyp)
Blakeney GP Surgery
01989 562612 / 07749813600
I am a Solution Focused Hypnotherapist and a Registered Mental Health Nurse. I am dedicated in empowering people to take control of their lives to bring about positive change.
My experience as a nurse has included working in an in-patient unit for adolescents where my particular interest was Eating Disorders. I then had a career break to start a family and went on to work in Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation and then an inpatient unit for adults with varying mental health problems. I am able to draw on my nursing experience to offer effective person centred treatment.
I hold a Hypnotherapy Practioner Diploma (HPD)
I am a member of the following organisations:
- Accredited member of the National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH)
- Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapists (AfSFH)
- Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
As a member of these associations I adhere to a strict code of ethics.
I also hold a current enhanced DBS certificate.
As well as running my own private practices I also work at The Haven Breast Cancer Support Centre in Hereford. The Haven provides free support, information and complementary therapies to people affected by breast cancer. I aim to help people with breast cancer reduce their anxiety and increase their well-being and quality of life. If you have a breast cancer diagnosis or have been affected in the past please contact me for further information of how to access this service.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- Hypnotherapy Practioner Diploma
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- SFBT (hyp)
- NLP (Level 1)
- I attend regular group supervision sessions, courses and workshops to keep up to date and increase my knowledge base.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
I also treat children, generally from age 8.
- Initial Consultation £30 which includes a relaxation CD.
- £60 per session for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy. (Concessions available)
- Evening appointments available.
- There is free parking at both practices and the consulting rooms are on ground floor level so therefore accessible for wheelchair users and those with mobility problems.
Evening appointments are available