Kevin Anthony Walsh MSc, Dip HPsych, HPD, BMAS, MCSP, MCPara, HCPC, MNCH.
77A Ravensden Road
01234 772929 / 07979 390166
Hello my name is Kevin and I am a qualified Clinical Hypnotherapist and Psychotherapist. I have an enhanced DBS and I am fully insured.
I am also a trained Chartered Physiotherapist, Reiki Practitioner and I hold a Master’s Degree in Western Medical Acupuncture.
I use clinical hypnotherapy and many other techniques like, CBT, NLP and coaching skills to help my clients to resolve and overcome many problems, such as, self-esteem, confidence building, anxiety and panic attacks as well as phobias, habits and many other conditions. Each session is specifically tailored to the client helping them to achieve their own personal needs and desired goals.
My first professional career was spent within the NHS where I worked as an operational Paramedic for many years. Later on, I obtained a Senior Clinical Tutors post at a National UK Ambulance Training College. Finally I returned to operations as a U/H Qualified Specialist Paramedic - Emergency Care Practitioner covering out of hour’s calls alongside emergency medicine.
From these careers, I have deducted that everyone is special but often not equipped with the tools to rectify or resolve life’s events and therefore, to be in a position to move forwards with their own lives.
What is hypnosis?
Hypnosis is a very safe, relaxing, and enjoyable complementary experience in which a client will enter into an extraordinary state of relaxation (physically, mentally and emotionally).
Hypnosis enables the conscious critical and analytical part of the mind to take a backseat, allowing the subconscious mind which is highly suggestible to come to the forefront and to become open to suggestion.
It is a completely safe and natural way to enable your subconscious mind to receive and act upon suggestions to help you make positive changes to your life.
Hypnotherapy can also be combined with Medical Acupuncture and this combination can provide a powerful tool, especially when used in the management of chronic pain.
At our first consultation I will give you a full explanation as to how hypnotherapy works, discuss your reasons for seeking hypnotherapy and answer any questions that you might have. We can then will tailor an approach to help you achieve your own personal needs and desired goals.
How many treatments will I need?
This will depend on your problem, your circumstances, your symptoms and your health. However, I will be able to give you a reasonable idea as to how many sessions we would ideally need to resolve your issue at our first consultation or telephone enquiry.
We may agree to meet on a weekly or fortnightly basis and then distance the sessions as you improve.
Dear Kevin, thank you so much for seeing me yesterday. I definitely somehow feel different towards food since the hypnotherapy.You are the most interesting person I know and I could talk with you for hours.
I could not have achieved what I have achieved without your help. I can't thank you enough for your support and help.
Member of the Emergency Services
Thank you again so much for all your help. You are excellent at your profession and a lovely person.
Member of the National Health Service
Training, qualifications & experience
I have undertaken training with the British Society of Clinical and Academic Hypnosis and the Academy of Clinical and Medical Hypnotherapy. I have also gained the prestigious NCFE accredited Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma.
As a multi-disciplinary Health Care Professional I have undertaken many years of clinical studies and examinations and I have been extensively trained in Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology, and Patient Assessment.
I thoroughly enjoy education and research and regularly take Annual CPD courses to keep up to date.
Training & Qualifications
- Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma (HPD)
- Diploma - Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy (Dip. HPsych)
- Diploma - NLP and Coaching (Dip. NLP & Coaching)
- Certificate - CBT (CMA)
- Certificate - Stress Management (Cert.SM)
- Certificate - Clinical Hypnotherapy (BSCAH)
- MSc - Western Medical Acupuncture (U/H)
- Diploma - Manual Therapy & Manipulation (BMAS)
- Diploma - Sports Therapy (NIM)
- IHCD Qualification Paramedic (NHS)
- IHCD Qualification - Clinical Tutor (NHS)
- IHCD Qualification – Road Craft Driving Instructor (NHS)
- Certificate – Emergency Care Practitioner (U/H - NHS)
- National Council Hypnotherapy (NCH Reg)
- National Council Psychotherapy (NCP)
- Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Health and Care Professions Council- Registered Physiotherapist (HCPC)
- Health and Care Professions Council - Registered Paramedic (HCPC)
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (MCSP)
- Organisation of Chartered Physiotherapists in Private Practice - (Physio First)
- The College of Paramedics (CoP)
- British Medical Acupuncture Society (BMAS)
- Back Care - The Charity for Healthier Backs & Necks (MBC)
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Photos & videos
Initial consultation by telephone at my expense
£60.00 per 60 minute session
All fees are payable at the time of your appointment
Please see our web site for full details on payments
I work from my own private practice based in the beautiful and peaceful countryside of Renhold which is 2 miles from the County Town of Bedford. The practice provides easy access with free on-site parking.
I provide flexible appointments to suit my clients, please do take a look at my web site where you can more information plus you can download a Hypnotherapy brochure.
Monday - Friday 09.00 - 19.00 Saturday and Sunday - Please call for details