Kelly Jordan - Poole Bay Hypnotherapy
I am a Clinical Solution Focused Hypnotherapist and owner of Poole Bay Hypnotherapy. I specialise in anxiety and stress related issues and symptoms. I offer a professional and friendly approach to help you to make long lasting positive changes in your life. My private hypnotherapy practice is based in Hamworthy, Poole, Dorset.
I provide the space and time to help you think - to help you to look at how you want things to be in order to achieve your goals.
Solution focused hypnotherapy is:
- Informed by the latest neuroscience research
- Goal focused
- A modern hypnotherapy approach
- A positive way to help you facilitate long lasting life changes.
Solution focused hypnotherapy may help to facilitate:
- increased self esteem and confidence
- better sleeping patterns
- focus and motivation
- a more elevated mood and positive outlook
- overcoming fears and phobias
- i.e. fear of flying, public speaking, snakes, spiders
- stopping smoking
- coping better with symptoms such as IBS, migraines, tinnitus and persistent pain
- gaining control of unwanted habits like hair pulling and nail biting
- and more...
If you have a desire to make a change then all I ask from you are the following three things:
- 1. You are determined and committed
- 2. You listen to my FREE relaxation MP3 on a regular basis
- 3. You attend your weekly session for the duration of the treatment.
I look forward to working with you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I trained as a Clinical Solution Focused Hypnotherapist with The Clifton Practice Hypnotherapy Training (CPHT) school, who are a recognised training provider - in fact, they are considered the Gold Standard in hypnotherapy training. From the CPHT, I received the Diploma in Solution Focused Hypnotherapy (DSFH).
I belong to the Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy (AfSFH). Being a member ensures that I am regulated and adhere to their Code of Ethics and participate in their CPD programmes.
I enjoy working with adults, teenagers and children and prior to becoming a hypnotherapist I worked as a Primary School Teacher and hold a Post Graduate Certification in Education (PGCE).
I am fully insured and also hold an Enhanced DBS certificate.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Photos & videos
This is a very important session to:
- confirm whether hypnotherapy is the correct treatment for you and to gather information
- explain about how the brain works
- dispel any myths about hypnotherapy
- explain how hypnotherapy is used
- discuss the number of required sessions
- provide an opportunity to ask any further questions.
At the end of the session I will provide you with a free self-hypnosis MP3/CD for you to listen to each night before you go to bed.
The initial consultation is £30.
Duration - 50 minutes.
Please note that this session does not include any hypnosis.
During the follow up sessions I help you to:
- imagine your preferred future; a future where you have a more useful perspective on the quality of your life, through using a mixture of solution focused hypnotherapy and psychotherapy
- focus on the positive things in your life
- enter a relaxed state of hypnosis to consolidate what we have discussed.
Sessions are £50
Duration - 50 - 55 minutes long.
For long lasting positive change, full commitment is required from you to attend weekly appointments and to listen regularly to a relaxation CD that I provide, free of charge.
Stop Smoking Cessation
This is one off session only which includes an initial consultation and hypnosis within the price.
Cost - £150.
Duration - Session may last between 1-2 hours.
There is nothing I like more than seeing people achieve the goals that they have set themselves no matter how big or small and that is why I decided to train as a Solution-focused Hypnotherapist.
I love helping both adults and children to overcome self-limiting thoughts, anxieties, fears, phobias, low mood and more. One of my clients recently told me that the hypnotherapy they had received in my clinic had been their lifeline; helping to pull them up from the darkness they felt surrounded by.
I am friendly, nurturing, professional and goal focused. This can further be seen in my achievements and career choices. Prior to my hypnotherapist career, I have:
- led adventure tours around the globe
- was a primary school teacher for 10 years in a highly regarded Poole school
- cycled 10,000 kms through South and Central America
- kayaked much of the South West Coast
- Project managed a cross-Atlantic independent rowing challenge.