Karen Kelsey, Clinical Hypnotherapist, EMDR & NLP Practitioner APHP,CNHC
The Hitchin Hypnotherapy Practice
Poppyfields, Little Lane
Qualified and experienced Clinical Hypnotherapist, Psychotherapist, NLP Coach, and EMDR Practitioner working at The Hitchin Hypnotherapy Practice, specialising in anxiety, depression, OCD, weight loss and eating disorders.
My aim is to offer you supportive, personalised and non-judgemental client-focused therapy. I have effectively enabled hundreds of clients (adults and children) to take back control and re-establish balance in their minds and bodies, resulting in greater contentment and success.
I offer a free individual consultation on the telephone to discuss your issues and goals so that you can decide if I am right for you and I use a range of effective approaches and techniques including EMDR, EFT, Parts Integration Therapy and other NLP techniques, Counselling, Life Coaching and Clinical Hypnotherapy to help you achieve your wellness goals and resolve your emotional and psychological problems.
The role of the Clinical Hypnotherapist is to help you make changes to your mind set through the use of hypnosis and other therapeutic techniques. This frequently involves helping clients overcome emotional or psychological illness or addictions and as a Clinical Hypnotherapist I am often able to help my clients resolve their issues, rather than just alleviating their symptoms. Because I work with both your conscious and subconscious minds, I am able to help you make the positive and sustainable changes that release you from what has historically held you back.
My specialist areas include:
- Weight loss, healthy eating and lifestyle, overcoming eating disorders
- Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia Nervosa
- Anxiety including panic attacks
I also work with a wide range of other psychological and emotional issues, please have a look at the list of areas below or you are welcome to contact me if you would like to establish if I can help you. I have clinic appointments throughout the week and also Saturday mornings as shown below:
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday - 9.00am to 6.30pm
- Tuesday - 9.00am to 8.00pm
- Friday - 2.00pm to 6.00pm
- Saturday 11.00am to 2.00pm
Training, qualifications & experience
Memberships of Professional Bodies:
ANLP - Accredited by the Association for Neuro-Linguistic Programming
APHP - Association of Professional Hypnosis and Psychotherapy
CNHC - Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
NRPC - National Register of Psychotherapists and Counsellors
Qualifications and Training
Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy (CECCH)
Diploma in Eating Disorders and OCD
Anxiety States Master Class
Pain Reduction Certificate
ILM Level 7 Executive Coach and Leadership Mentor
Cert. Ed. (Teacher Training - Adults - Canterbury University)
Myers Briggs Psychometrics Practitioner
NLP Practitioner & Coach regularly using NLP Parts Integration Therapy, NLP Anchoring and NLP Scrambling
Experienced practitioner of EMDR - eye-movement de-sensitization and re-processing
Experienced practitioner of EFT – Emotional Freedom Technique
Sedona Method to let go of negative emotions
Parts Integration Therapy
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Sleep Disturbance
- Self-awareness and interpersonal skills
- Work Performance issues
- Presentation Skills
- Solutions Focused Counselling
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) - various techniques
- Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Timeline Therapy
- Psychometrics (personality types and profiling)
- Parts Integration Therapy
- EMDR - Eye Movement De-Sensitization and Reprocessing
- The Sedona Method
- My fees range from £50 - £67 per hour.
- For clients wishing to access under 5 hours of therapy or coaching, the hourly fee will be £67.00.
- For clients wishing to access a 5 hour treatment plan for therapy or coaching, the hourly fee reduces to £59.00. (Treatment plan £295.00, saving £40.00)
- For clients wishing to access more than 5 hours of treatment / coaching, the hourly fee reduces further to £50.00.
It's important for all prospective clients to view the terms and conditions of business of the Hitchin Hypnotherapy Practice before committing to therapy or coaching, these can be found on my website on the About Us page.
What is Hypnosis?
Hypnosis is a natural state of heightened awareness, frequently associated with relaxation, where you are able to open yourself to suggestions and can make use of your imagination to help you effect positive changes in your life. These suggestions are made to your subconscious or unconscious mind, which is infinitely more powerful than your conscious mind. Your unconscious mind accounts for about 90% of your mind's potential and will always 'win' over your conscious mind.
Monday to Saturday. Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 9.00 am to 6.30 pm Tuesday 10.00 am to 8.00 pm Friday 2.00 pm to 6.00 pm Saturday 11 am to 2.00 pm